Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cub Game Comments
Stick a fork in them.
At least the offense showed some fight. But so much sloppy play. And the bullpen is completely out of gas. I think they gave all they had during that stretch to climb back into contention and there’s just nothing left.
And La Cock is in the bleachers

The Pete LaCock sausage - ribeye steak sausage, horseradish and blue cheese - very tasty
(09-22-2023, 02:49 PM)1060Ivy Wrote: And La Cock is in the bleachers

The Pete LaCock sausage - ribeye steak sausage, horseradish and blue cheese - very tasty

Oh baby.
That felt good.

Stroman starting tomorrow. Hopefully they can keep some momentum going.

Also sure would be nice if Miami loses a few more. Fuck em up, Milwaukee.
I’ve had that LaCock all up in my mouth before. It was delightful.
Pretty good day for the Cubs. All the right teams lost.
I'm glad I only started really caring about this season in time for this team to shit the bed. Might be a lesson in there. You know times are hard when you are desperately rooting for Milwaukee.

Really hope they can finish the rest of the season out taking yesterday and building on it so the story of this year isn't this putrid collapse, spurring people to start talking about '69. I'm guessing most of us here weren't even born then.
I don’t think there will be many comparisons to ‘69 if they don’t make the playoffs. That team had multiple future hall of famers on the roster and they had a stranglehold on the NL East. There were very low expectations coming into this season with this team and the best we could really hope for was the second wild card spot. I’ll be disappointed if they don’t make the playoffs for sure, but I’ll forget all about this season pretty quickly once it’s over unless they make a surprise run in the postseason.
This offense has really struggled against a lot of garbage starting pitching down the stretch…
Butchie, well said. This doesn't even compare to '69.

Yeah, seems like they go flaccid every time a mediocre pitcher steps on the mound.

Meanwhile, Gomes has been Mr. clutch this season.

Let's make it 2 in a row, boys.
Agreed that this and '69 are like night and day, the collapse in '69 being one of the greatest ever and this one being a blip on the radar by comparison.

I don't know a whole lot about '69 cept for us being up like 12 games and the Mets making all of that up in August and Sept...and the stupid black cat.

Would be such a feel good story for this team to be able to scratch and claw a playoff spot though. And the probability of losing Bellinger makes it seem more urgent too, like getting into the playoffs and some bats catching fire could be a possibility, no matter how remote.
Missing the playoffs would definitely be a missed opportunity, given the lead they had for the second wild card. I’m trying to just accept whatever happens and not get too riled up about the outcome (easier said than done). It would be a cool story if they were able to hang on and even win a few games in the playoffs.

First things first let’s sweep the damned Rockies.
Gomes getting it done once again.
Well, fiddlesticks.

Wicks doesn't really have it today.