Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOI ESPN Keeper League
Just wanted to start a thread over here to keep track of things. This is just a quick scan of the issues from the old board. If anything has any other suggestions please feel free to discuss.

<b>2009 Teams:</b>
CC
Rotodestroyer
Fella
Gad
Clapp
Chitown
Liner
Andy
Rapp
BT
Coach (Taking over Glove's team)
Runnys Tailgater (Taking over Scarey's team)

<b>Preliminary 2009 Draft Time and Date: 8pm CST on Wednesday, March 25th

Roster Changes:</b> 9 pitching spots (2 SP, 2RP, 5P), 8 regular position spots, 1 CI, 1 MI, 4th OF, 1 UTIL and 4 bench spots.

<b>Caps:</b> Cap transactions at 75 and innings pitching at 1750

<b>Trade Veto:</b> 6 Votes Needed

<b>Scoring:</b> Standard 5x5
My team is up for grabs. Feel free to give it to whoever wants in.
Still $50 entry?
I got nothin'.

Andy
I actually participated in a mock draft with writers from a bunch of fantasy baseball sites last night. A fantasy writer for Newsday was a part of it as well and posted the draft results: Mock Draft

We all had to do a write up on our teams and here's mine

It's just nice to get an idea of where some guys are getting drafted and that might help ya with deciding your keepers. It's a 5x5 league.

But yeah our league was a lot of fun last year and I'm excited about it. So we're going with 5x5 or are we bringing in obp, ops, any of that stuff? I'm fine with whatever.
@TheBlogfines
it all looks good. i had a blast last year, can't wait
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
I could definitely be interested in a team if there is one available.
What are the basic rules of the league again?
<!--quoteo(post=10443:date=Jan 9 2009, 05:26 PM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Jan 9 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Still $50 entry?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, unless people want to change that?

<!--quoteo(post=10446:date=Jan 9 2009, 05:31 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jan 9 2009, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So we're going with 5x5 or are we bringing in obp, ops, any of that stuff? I'm fine with whatever.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Still 5x5 seemed to be the consensus, but I guess it's open for discussion.

<!--quoteo(post=10448:date=Jan 9 2009, 05:54 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Jan 9 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I could definitely be interested in a team if there is one available.
What are the basic rules of the league again?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We don't exactly have the keeper rules established since ESPN isn't exactly clear on the options, so as soon as the league becomes available in February or whenever, and I can figure out what options are available to us, we'll get that figured out (3 keepers most likely though). Otherwise, standard 5x5 roto scoring, 12 team league, $50 entry (1st=$400, 2nd=$150, 3rd=$50), and the positions as listed above.
I assume someone has the rosters from last year still? If I take Scarey's team, could have know who he had on his roster to end the season?

I have always wanted to do a keeper league, just never really had the time for it, but I am willing to give it a try this season if there is an opening.
<!--quoteo(post=10506:date=Jan 9 2009, 09:48 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Jan 9 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I assume someone has the rosters from last year still? If I take Scarey's team, could have know who he had on his roster to end the season?

I have always wanted to do a keeper league, just never really had the time for it, but I am willing to give it a try this season if there is an opening.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It'd be nice to have somebody committed to doing it for more than a season, since it's a keeper league and all, but here's Scarey's roster. It's bad, but considering how bad his CSFBL teams are, it's no surprise [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] It should also be noted that whoever takes his team will have the 2nd pick in the draft:

C Dioner Navarro, TB C
1B Jorge Cantu, Fla 1B, 3B
2B Yunel Escobar, Atl 2B, 3B, SS
3B Mike Lowell, Bos 3B DTD
SS Jimmy Rollins, Phi SS
OF Brad Hawpe, Col OF
OF Torii Hunter, LAA OF
OF Delmon Young, Min OF
DH David Ortiz, Bos DH
Bench Victor Martinez, Cle C, 1B
Bench Casey Blake, LAD 1B, 3B
Bench Howie Kendrick, LAA 2B
Bench Carlos Guillen, Det 1B, 3B, SS

PITCHERS
SP Justin Verlander, Det SP
SP Fausto Carmona, Cle SP
SP Brian Bannister, KC SP
SP Scott Olsen, Was SP
SP Felix Hernandez, Sea SP
RP Justin Duchscherer, Oak SP, RP -
RP Brandon Lyon, Ari RP
Bench Jesse Litsch, Tor SP
Bench Aaron Harang, Cin SP
Bench Brett Myers, Phi SP
Bench Joe Saunders, LAA SP
Bench Edwin Jackson, Det SP
DL C.J. Wilson, Tex RP
<!--quoteo(post=10514:date=Jan 10 2009, 02:01 AM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jan 10 2009, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It'd be nice to have somebody committed to doing it for more than a season, since it's a keeper league and all, but here's Scarey's roster. It's bad, but considering how bad his CSFBL teams are, it's no surprise [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] It should also be noted that whoever takes his team will have the 2nd pick in the draft:<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

First of all, I'm sorry but I hate checking my team every damn day and it seems kind of pointless to put up $50 when I know I'm not going to just lose it.

Secondly, my team was either the best or second best team on paper starting off last year. It just tends to bring your team down when your three best hitters (Victor Martnez, Ortiz, and Rollins) and two best pitchers (Verlander and Carmona) have mediocre/shitty seasons.

Also, I've had some pretty decent CSFBL teams and I have a really good young team right now that will be kicking ass for years.

And finally, I know you're mostly joking, but you can shove it up your ass anyway.

Scaredog out... bitch!
<!--quoteo(post=10516:date=Jan 10 2009, 12:54 AM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jan 10 2009, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=10514:date=Jan 10 2009, 02:01 AM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jan 10 2009, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It'd be nice to have somebody committed to doing it for more than a season, since it's a keeper league and all, but here's Scarey's roster. It's bad, but considering how bad his CSFBL teams are, it's no surprise [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] It should also be noted that whoever takes his team will have the 2nd pick in the draft:<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

First of all, I'm sorry but I hate checking my team every damn day and it seems kind of pointless to put up $50 when I know I'm not going to just lose it.

Secondly, my team was either the best or second best team on paper starting off last year. It just tends to bring your team down when your three best hitters (Victor Martnez, Ortiz, and Rollins) and two best pitchers (Verlander and Carmona) have mediocre/shitty seasons.

Also, I've had some pretty decent CSFBL teams and I have a really good young team right now that will be kicking ass for years.

And finally, I know you're mostly joking, but you can shove it up your ass anyway.

Scaredog out... bitch!
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] you know we've already discussed changing the rules so that you don't have to check everyday. If you think your team was 2nd best on paper, well, you're nuts, and yes, I was mostly joking
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->First of all, I'm sorry but I hate checking my team every damn day and it seems kind of pointless to put up $50 when I know I'm not going to just lose it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That is a key to this league. We need someone that IS willing to check daily. Put forth the 5 minutes necessary on a daily basis.
I got nothin'.

Andy
Has the draft date been set?
What would my team look like?
If it is available I would be interested in taking Scarey's team.
<!--quoteo(post=10529:date=Jan 10 2009, 09:02 AM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jan 10 2009, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Has the draft date been set?
What would my team look like?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, it would be sometime towards the middle/end of March. Here's the team you'd be getting, and I think you'd get the first pick in the draft:

BATTERS
C Joe Mauer, Min C
1B Adam LaRoche, Pit 1B
2B Rickie Weeks, Mil 2B
3B Alex Rodriguez, NYY 3B
SS Khalil Greene, StL SS
OF Magglio Ordonez, Det OF, DH
OF Ken Griffey Jr., CWS OF, DH
OF Aaron Rowand, SF OF
DH Jonny Gomes, TB OF, DH
Bench Carlos Pena, TB 1B
Bench Jose Vidro, Sea DH