Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOI ESPN Keeper League
CC - I believe you should be able to get to the baseball page with full access right now. It works for me. Right now it's set up for 3 keepers needing to be decided by March 25th. Though we could certainly move that back a bit and get a draft in.
I got nothin'.

Andy
And I actually found some stuff about the keeper settings:

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->A keeper league draft will vary on how many keepers your league manager set to keep for the upcoming season. For example, if the league is set to keep three players, there will be three keeper rounds. These picks will take place in the first three rounds of the draft. The picks will be auto-selected automatically when the team is slated to pick.

If a team owner decides to not select any keepers, he/she will be able to draft from the available player pool. These include all players not being used as keepers on other teams. These teams will select their picks in the same rounds as the teams who are carrying keepers.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The only other question, and I think it should be easily resolved when I get a look at the settings is how keepers work from year to year. I think we had discussed not being able to keep the same players in consecutive seasons.
<!--quoteo(post=10539:date=Jan 10 2009, 10:05 AM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Jan 10 2009, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->CC - I believe you should be able to get to the baseball page with full access right now. It works for me. Right now it's set up for 3 keepers needing to be decided by March 25th. Though we could certainly move that back a bit and get a draft in.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, I can. You know it's still listing you as commissioner, and I can't change settings now [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif[/img]
wait, nevermind, I wasn't logged in [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=10524:date=Jan 10 2009, 08:01 AM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Jan 10 2009, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->First of all, I'm sorry but I hate checking my team every damn day and it seems kind of pointless to put up $50 when I know I'm not going to just lose it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That is a key to this league. We need someone that IS willing to check daily. Put forth the 5 minutes necessary on a daily basis.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's not like I didn't try. I would do what I could to check almost every day and when I knew I wouldn't be able to get on, I set my line ups for future days. I think there was one instance when I was out of town that I had a DL guy starting for a few days. By the way, this is part of the reason why I don't want back in this league.

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->If you think your team was 2nd best on paper, well, you're nuts, and yes, I was mostly joking<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I actually did projections on each team based on the previous year and my team had the second most points behind Andy's team. I know that doesn't mean shit for how I should have done, but it does mean I was the second best team on paper.
I'd really like to set the draft date well in advance if possible. Last year I missed the draft and it pretty much fucked my entire season. I ended up with a team I hated and had no motivation to manage them.

So that would be my one request.

Also, did we agree on 3 keepers?
<!--quoteo(post=10551:date=Jan 10 2009, 11:22 AM:name=Gad)-->QUOTE (Gad @ Jan 10 2009, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'd really like to set the draft date well in advance if possible. Last year I missed the draft and it pretty much fucked my entire season. I ended up with a team I hated and had no motivation to manage them.

So that would be my one request.

Also, did we agree on 3 keepers?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, 3 keepers. I'll set a draft date as soon as the 2009 leagues become available based on available time slots, and we can adjust it as needed. Opening day (night) is April 5, so I'm thinking sometime in the last week of March. Tentatively, I'd like to shoot for Wednesday March 25th. Does anyone have any conflicts with that, and if so, what works best for you?
I'm in for another year. It's not that I can't spend 5 minutes a day checking my roster, but rather I have to completely change my draft strategy. I'm not used to daily substituions.

But I'll give it another whirl.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
i'm off wednesday nights this semester so i'm good for that date, the later the better though.
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
So I have to pick 3 keepers from the roster Scarey ended the season with correct?

BTW Coach, you get to pick 3 keepers off of that team AND get the 1st pick....WOW!!
<!--quoteo(post=10569:date=Jan 10 2009, 01:40 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Jan 10 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So I have to pick 3 keepers from the roster Scarey ended the season with correct?

BTW Coach, you get to pick 3 keepers off of that team AND get the 1st pick....WOW!!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, you don't have to pick 3, you can pick 2 and take a draft pick or whatever you want.
<!--quoteo(post=10618:date=Jan 10 2009, 09:43 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jan 10 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=10569:date=Jan 10 2009, 01:40 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Jan 10 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So I have to pick 3 keepers from the roster Scarey ended the season with correct?

BTW Coach, you get to pick 3 keepers off of that team AND get the 1st pick....WOW!!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, you don't have to pick 3, you can pick 2 and take a draft pick or whatever you want.

Where would the draft pick be though...would you just get a extra pick at the end of the draft?
<!--quoteo(post=10634:date=Jan 10 2009, 11:02 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Jan 10 2009, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=10618:date=Jan 10 2009, 09:43 PM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jan 10 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=10569:date=Jan 10 2009, 01:40 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Jan 10 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So I have to pick 3 keepers from the roster Scarey ended the season with correct?

Where would the draft pick be though...would you just get a extra pick at the end of the draft?
I believe by the instructions he posted, you'd be picking in the first three rounds.
@TheBlogfines
I'll be good with virtually any date/time, as long as I have advance notice.

Would prefer weeknights to weekends.
<!--quoteo(post=10676:date=Jan 11 2009, 02:36 PM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ Jan 11 2009, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'll be good with virtually any date/time, as long as I have advance notice.

Would prefer weeknights to weekends.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ditto. I'd also prefer the starting time to be somewhere between 8 - 10 pm cst if at all do able.
I got nothin'.

Andy