Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOI ESPN Keeper League
It looks like the ESPN site should be relaunching soon... can't wait.
nice! we allowing any off season trading or no?
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
<!--quoteo(post=15646:date=Feb 2 2009, 09:20 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Feb 2 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->nice! we allowing any off season trading or no?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I guess people could potentially trade their keepers but everyone else goes back into the FA pool for the draft...
i know that but one man's FA is another man's keeper. i was just thinking if we don't release the players into the pool until the draft then trading could happen. i was also thinking that the site still had our rosters intact but i'm realizing that that may not be the case
We'd have to get the chance to veto trades if that happened. I won't do this sort of shit, but to use it as an example... Say I have Prince Fielder(which I don't), and Gad really wants Prince as a keeper. "Hey Clapp, if you're not going to keep Prince, could we swing a trade so I can get him?"

We've got a cool group and that sort of stuff probably wouldn't happen but who knows. Are we allowed to turn trades on in the league for the offseason? I'm saying does ESPN let you do it or is it something we'll just keep track of on our own like we handle CSFBL?
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=15693:date=Feb 3 2009, 07:59 AM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 3 2009, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We'd have to get the chance to veto trades if that happened. I won't do this sort of shit, but to use it as an example... Say I have Prince Fielder(which I don't), and Gad really wants Prince as a keeper. "Hey Clapp, if you're not going to keep Prince, could we swing a trade so I can get him?"

We've got a cool group and that sort of stuff probably wouldn't happen but who knows. Are we allowed to turn trades on in the league for the offseason? I'm saying does ESPN let you do it or is it something we'll just keep track of on our own like we handle CSFBL?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I kinda like the idea, but I just don't know if it's possible given the setup and all that... you could certainly pick up free agents during the offseason, so maybe you could do trades too?
i've never done a keeper baseball league but i was just asking originally based on my football league. we have it where you actually can't pick up FAs in the offseason as they are all part of the draft (rookies, etc.) but you can trade to kind of get your keepers in order.

i totally agree with clapp. i'm not sayin', i'm just sayin'. if we do allow trades they need to be voted on or whatever. unless we add the trading of draft picks (probably a bad idea) there's absolutely no reason to do an offseason trade unless it's keepers going both ways.
<!--quoteo(post=15754:date=Feb 3 2009, 11:42 AM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Feb 3 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i've never done a keeper baseball league but i was just asking originally based on my football league. we have it where you actually can't pick up FAs in the offseason as they are all part of the draft (rookies, etc.) but you can trade to kind of get your keepers in order.

i totally agree with clapp. i'm not sayin', i'm just sayin'. if we do allow trades they need to be voted on or whatever. unless we add the trading of draft picks (probably a bad idea) there's absolutely no reason to do an offseason trade unless it's keepers going both ways.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I imagine the FA's will lock at this point, but at the end of the regular season, it was possible to grab guys off of waivers. It was still subject to available guys at that point, so it's not like there was much out there in terms of keepers, but a few guys did seem to slip through the cracks.

If anyone wants to swap keepers at this point, it wouldn't be so difficult to agree on something and then just complete it after the draft.
agreed
When do we have to decide who our keepers will be?
Draft date is set. Wednesday March 25th at 8pm Central. Keepers must be selected by 3 hours prior to the draft by default... If anything, I wouldn't mind bumping that up a few days or maybe a week so that we know what the draft pool looks like.
Keepers (3) must be set by 4pm Central on March 18th if that works. I couldn't cap transactions at 75, only 70 or 80, so I put it at 80. Roster changes have also been made. Only other thing to work out is the max innings thing... I can only set maximum innings pitched per pitching slot... anywhere between 77 and 201... Kinda fucked up. The only other option is to limit Games Started.
Coach and Runnys... I'll need an e-mail address to send your invites to.
I know your teams are all set. But in the slim chance at this late point, a team became available, i'd like to throw my name into the ring as a potential buyer.

Especially if your keepers are Zambrano, Morneau and Pujols. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
How does it work if I do not keep anyone? Where do I get my additional picks? Someone said I would get an extra 1st, 2nd, and 3rd....do I get those at the end of each round?