Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOI ESPN Keeper League
<!--quoteo(post=106174:date=Jul 19 2010, 12:02 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jul 19 2010, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So, I have no need for 2 catchers on my roster. If anyone is interested in Posada or Sanatana, let's talk.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Santan yes. Posada no.
So, with the season winding down, I'd like to point out that you can trade players at any time. I have my keepers set with Cano, Votto and Wainwright, but will entertain offers for anyone else on my roster. Would primarily be looking for pitching help down the stretch here.
No shady deals please.

I have Mike Stanton and Ryan Zimmerman available if anyone needs a kickass keeper next year. I'd also be looking for pitching. My keeps will most likely be Pujols, Cargo, and Braun.
Congrats to Coldneck!
I got nothin'.

Andy
Yippee. What are the payouts on this thing anyway? Thanks for the shout-out Andy. And thanks to BT for leaving me his team.
congrats man. my first time being out of it so early. i struggled all year to come back but it's so tough in this format compared to head to head. still had a good time, though. still love the league. thanks to cc for running it again
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
Worst to first, again. I think we may need to consider a draft lottery next season, but congrats to Coldneck for a strong finish to the season.

1st - Coldneck $400
2nd - Me $150
3rd - Rotodestroyer $50

I would prefer to do paypal payments, but can also mail out checks if need be. I haven't used my check book in a year, so there may be a delay as I try to figure out where I left the damn thing. PM me your details.
<!--quoteo(post=116115:date=Oct 4 2010, 01:23 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Oct 4 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->congrats man. my first time being out of it so early. i struggled all year to come back but it's so tough in this format compared to head to head. still had a good time, though. still love the league. thanks to cc for running it again<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Certainly wasn't for a lack of trying... I think you had used up your roster moves by the All-Star break [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
yeah i know. and, not to cast aspersions on anyone but i think a lottery for those who don't finish in the money would be good. i didn't check or anything, so i'm under no assumption that anyone did anything resembling tanking but it's a pretty decent sized pot we have going and there comes a point for just about every team where they know for sure that they're out of the running. why try at that point? i know for the honor of the game or whatever, but you can't even monitor that. you can monitor people not putting in pitchers or managing around off days and injuries, but why would someone scan the waiver wire like crazy every day to go from say 9th place to 7th place before the season's over? (which i did like an idiot, in retrospect) again, i have no idea who finished in those places and am not specifically talking about anyone. i literally tried to win the thing way past the time it was mathematically possible because it was more fun for me but come draft day next year it'll certainly hurt me. i know that was my choice, but in the future, why not do a lottery to just eliminate these kinds of questions? if we don't, i won't be pissed or anything, just an idea
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
I tried almost the whole season except I started losing focus about the last three weeks or so once football started. But I did keep my best players starting intentionally when I realized I wasn't paying as close attention as I did the rest of the season. My team sucked to start and currently sucks, but I did move up from last to 3rd from last which I guess is a positive. No super tanker for me god damn it. Tanking be damned I tried the whole season and was as high as 3rd place 3 months in (and then dropped precipitously afterward.)
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
Since ESPN has opened it's 2011 Fantasy Baseball game, we should figure who plans to play again this year. I'll be back to defend my title this year.
I went ahead and activated the league. I know that Rotodestroyer is still in. I set a preliminary draft date of:

SOI
Draft: Live
Date: Sun, Mar 27, 2011
Time: 9:45 PM ET

If anyone wants it earlier, the next time slot is 6:45 PM ET

Draft picks may be traded. If anyone is interested in trading for a keeper such as Jubaldo Jiminez, Adam Wainwright, or Matt Holliday, they are available.
I'm out this year. It's been fun, but I'm tired of handing $50 over every year. Maybe if there was a handicap for fantasy tards like myself.
I got nothin'.

Andy
I'm still in.