Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
True Blood
Is a very good show. Ditto Weeds.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
True Blood is awesome. With that and Entourage on Sunday nights, it doesn't get any better IMO.
<!--quoteo(post=42552:date=Jun 6 2009, 08:29 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 6 2009, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->True Blood is awesome. With that and Entourage on Sunday nights, it doesn't get any better IMO.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Love True Blood. But I'm not particularly excited about the start of Entourage. It started wearing a bit thin for me last season. Maybe this next season will change that.

And Ace, I'm really excited about the new season of Weeds. Just keeps getting better and better, IMO.
Would women like Entourage? What does it compare to?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=42575:date=Jun 6 2009, 11:35 PM:name=vegascub)-->QUOTE (vegascub @ Jun 6 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=42552:date=Jun 6 2009, 08:29 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jun 6 2009, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->True Blood is awesome. With that and Entourage on Sunday nights, it doesn't get any better IMO.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Love True Blood. But I'm not particularly excited about the start of Entourage. It started wearing a bit thin for me last season. Maybe this next season will change that.

And Ace, I'm really excited about the new season of Weeds. Just keeps getting better and better, IMO.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Vince is the one character that really grates on me now, and he just seemed to have too much good luck throughout the show for no reason, and especially at the end of last season. I kinda like the fact that he went through some hardship throughout the last season. But I have to admit that some of the scenarios seem too good to be true. Some of the characters haven't broken from their caricature status, and I'd like to see that change, but I don't think the show is about them. Ari is still great. Still enjoy the show a ton.

And Ace, I don't know what it compares to, but it's just a guy show. It's about a kid from NY moving to LA to become a actor, and he brings his childhood pals with him. I'm not sure if most women would like it. I think it's well written and funny, but not laugh out loud funny.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Ari is still great.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He saves the show.
True Blood. Getting more and more weird. Lovin' it.
<!--quoteo(post=49692:date=Jul 13 2009, 05:55 PM:name=vegascub)-->QUOTE (vegascub @ Jul 13 2009, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->True Blood. Getting more and more weird. Lovin' it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That last episode was quite awesome. It's getting more campy in certain respects, the Light Of Day weirdos especially, but the dialogue is still great and the characters get more and more interesting as we learn about them.

It's also a good thing that some of the people are going in different directions and are branching out more.

Here is a look ahead to the rest of the season. It will be insane.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41669
I'm getting a little tired of the devil chick thing. How many gyration/orgy parties are there going to be before we see what she really is? They've been teasing us with this storyline for a little too long. We get that she has some power that makes people extra hedonistic. I don't need to see the citizens of Bon Temps smearing cake on their breasts for the umpteenth time to understand that.

Anyway, I still love the show. I guess I'm just getting a little impatient with that part of the story.

I really like the new vampire chick (Jessica?) and Bill's struggle to "raise" her as a vampire. And I like the Light of Day group -- I'm looking forward to when they decide to take some sort of action.
<!--quoteo(post=49788:date=Jul 14 2009, 08:03 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 14 2009, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm getting a little tired of the devil chick thing. How many gyration/orgy parties are there going to be before we see what she really is? They've been teasing us with this storyline for a little too long. We get that she has some power that makes people extra hedonistic. I don't need to see the citizens of Bon Temps smearing cake on their breasts for the umpteenth time to understand that.

Anyway, I still love the show. I guess I'm just getting a little impatient with that part of the story.

I really like the new vampire chick (Jessica?) and Bill's struggle to "raise" her as a vampire. And I like the Light of Day group -- I'm looking forward to when they decide to take some sort of action.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You're absolutely right. I was telling my wife the same thing a couple of weeks ago. The mystery behind that bitch has dragged on too long.

You know... you guys could just look it up online, like I did, since there is a book that the series is based on.
<!--quoteo(post=49799:date=Jul 14 2009, 11:47 AM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jul 14 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You know... you guys could just look it up online, like I did, since there is a book that the series is based on.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I suppose. But I sort of want it to be revealed in the context of the show.
<!--quoteo(post=49800:date=Jul 14 2009, 11:53 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 14 2009, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49799:date=Jul 14 2009, 11:47 AM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jul 14 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You know... you guys could just look it up online, like I did, since there is a book that the series is based on.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I suppose. But I sort of want it to be revealed in the context of the show.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Same here.
something about the hedonism and that picture she had of pan (wasn't he the god of hedonism?). at first i just thought she worked for the devil but i agree that need to be revealed, i do like the shots of the people when their eyes turn black though. i was glad lafayette was still around, he would make a badass vampire. and the whole thing w/ jessica and the dopey townie is awesome, i love both of those characters. the drunk detective is getting pretty funny too
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
This isn't much of a spoiler, but I looked it up and Maryann is a Maenad. You all can do further research if you'd like, but it's pretty interesting. There's a reason why she doesn't like vampires.