Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
True Blood
I think I'm going to get the books and read along. Not to take anything away from the TV series, because I think it's great, but I'm sure things would make a lot more sense.
Just got the first 2 discs of Season 1 watched the 1st episode and I'm intrigued. It was a very good 1st episode. Hopefully it continues.

I'm also pumped that Dexter Season 3 comes out on the 18th.
Only $96 for a 24-pack.

http://www.trubeverage.com/index.html
This show is actually getting better and better. So many things going on right now with that church group and vampire politics, and many of the new characters are really taking the story to new and bizarre places.
<!--quoteo(post=56095:date=Aug 6 2009, 12:40 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Aug 6 2009, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This show is actually getting better and better. So many things going on right now with that church group and vampire politics, and many of the new characters are really taking the story to new and bizarre places.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I agree.

I actually thought the first episode was a little on the hokey side and I considered giving up on it. But it has gotten increasingly better (aside from the drawn out Mary Anne story -- which has finally been made a little more clear) and is one of my favorite shows at the moment.

I do have to wonder, though...why doesn't Sookie (or the hotel bellhop) make a fortune working for the FBI/CIA/Police? With their gift, they choose to be a waitress at a redneck bar and a bellhop at a vampire hotel?
<!--quoteo(post=56096:date=Aug 6 2009, 10:46 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 6 2009, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56095:date=Aug 6 2009, 12:40 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Aug 6 2009, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This show is actually getting better and better. So many things going on right now with that church group and vampire politics, and many of the new characters are really taking the story to new and bizarre places.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I agree.

I actually thought the first episode was a little on the hokey side and I considered giving up on it. But it has gotten increasingly better (aside from the drawn out Mary Anne story -- which has finally been made a little more clear) and is one of my favorite shows at the moment.

I do have to wonder, though...why doesn't Sookie (or the hotel bellhop) make a fortune working for the FBI/CIA/Police? With their gift, they choose to be a waitress at a redneck bar and a bellhop at a vampire hotel?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think they look at it as more of a curse than a gift. One of the things that draws Sookie to Bill so much is that she can't read him. It's comforting to her.
<!--quoteo(post=56096:date=Aug 6 2009, 12:46 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 6 2009, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56095:date=Aug 6 2009, 12:40 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Aug 6 2009, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This show is actually getting better and better. So many things going on right now with that church group and vampire politics, and many of the new characters are really taking the story to new and bizarre places.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I agree.

It appears that their childhoods weren't all that fun because of their mind reading abilities, so that's why they try to suppress their senses whenever possible. I can understand why they wouldn't want to exploit these abilities as a full-time job, but I am a little stunned that they have such little ambition in life. You would think that such skills would help you in ANY field, not least of which in the examples you provided.
Tomorrow's episode...gonna be crazy!
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
i love the side characters, like the drunk sheriff, lafayette, eric and that lady vamp, and the new vamp couple even more than the main people in the show
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
<!--quoteo(post=56465:date=Aug 8 2009, 04:13 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Aug 8 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i love the side characters, like the drunk sheriff, lafayette, eric and that lady vamp, and the new vamp couple even more than the main people in the show<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Bills creator chick is fucking hot.
<!--quoteo(post=56458:date=Aug 8 2009, 04:30 PM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Aug 8 2009, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Tomorrow's episode...gonna be crazy!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
might have been my favorite so far. entourage was great too w/ brady and marky mark
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
<!--quoteo(post=56708:date=Aug 9 2009, 10:31 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Aug 9 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56458:date=Aug 8 2009, 04:30 PM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Aug 8 2009, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Tomorrow's episode...gonna be crazy!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
might have been my favorite so far. entourage was great too w/ brady and marky mark
They were both good. I was hoping for some bloodshed on True Blood between the Church and Vamps, but that Godric character is a nice change of pace and his actions led to the pretty interesting ending. I'm still not sure I like the direction that Entourage is going, but it's still entertaining for the most part.
<!--quoteo(post=56714:date=Aug 10 2009, 05:32 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Aug 10 2009, 05:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56708:date=Aug 9 2009, 10:31 PM:name=liner)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (liner @ Aug 9 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56458:date=Aug 8 2009, 04:30 PM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Aug 8 2009, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Tomorrow's episode...gonna be crazy!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
They were both good. I was hoping for some bloodshed on True Blood between the Church and Vamps, but that Godric character is a nice change of pace and his actions led to the pretty interesting ending. I'm still not sure I like the direction that Entourage is going, but it's still entertaining for the most part.

Did anybody else expect Godric to be the meanest biggest badass vamp that we've seen? He's like the Ghandi of vamps.
<!--quoteo(post=56747:date=Aug 10 2009, 12:08 PM:name=vegascub)-->QUOTE (vegascub @ Aug 10 2009, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56714:date=Aug 10 2009, 05:32 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Aug 10 2009, 05:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56708:date=Aug 9 2009, 10:31 PM:name=liner)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (liner @ Aug 9 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56458:date=Aug 8 2009, 04:30 PM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Aug 8 2009, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Tomorrow's episode...gonna be crazy!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Did anybody else expect Godric to be the meanest biggest badass vamp that we've seen? He's like the Ghandi of vamps.
Well, he is older than JC. He is quite evolved, but I'm sure he will kick ass when it is ultimately necessary.
Godric has quickly become one of my favorite characters. And I don't know why, but I just want the Mary Ann character to go away. She just isn't that interesting to me.