Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
soi keeper fantasy football
<!--quoteo(post=112337:date=Aug 26 2010, 06:47 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Aug 26 2010, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=112316:date=Aug 25 2010, 10:48 PM:name=liner)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (liner @ Aug 25 2010, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->still down with a 6th rounder. every year there's a stud or two that goes undrafted and studs should cost something. i like Bt's explanation. reward an owner for finding him, but don't reward him too much when luck has a lot to do with it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, but the explanation applies equally to a 7th rounder, 8th rounder, 9th, etc. I agree with the explanation - I just think a 6th is too high.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
for a stud?
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
<!--quoteo(post=112337:date=Aug 26 2010, 06:47 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Aug 26 2010, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=112316:date=Aug 25 2010, 10:48 PM:name=liner)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (liner @ Aug 25 2010, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->still down with a 6th rounder. every year there's a stud or two that goes undrafted and studs should cost something. i like Bt's explanation. reward an owner for finding him, but don't reward him too much when luck has a lot to do with it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, but the explanation applies equally to a 7th rounder, 8th rounder, 9th, etc. I agree with the explanation - I just think a 6th is too high.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Of course it does, but the problem is we still have half the league needing to OK September 1 as the draft date. You and I can argue back and forth for days on the pros and cons of making free agent pickups into 6, 7,8, 9 or 10th round picks, but it's going to be time consuming and probably fruitless to try and get the whole league to agree on it. I don't feel strongly about the 6th round. I could easily be convinced it should be later. I just think it's counterproductive to try to iron out fairly minor details, when we are still grappling with the major ones.

As a side note, in another of my leagues, a league with at least 6 guys who REALLY know what they are doing, Miles Austin wasn't drafted last year. A guy in our league randomly picked him up in week 2 because he had an injured WR. Austin is now considered a possibly top 5 WR. Do you think it's unfair that this guy has to spend a 6th round pick to keep him? Add to that, if we decide we are only keeping 2 guys, then more often than not if you are considering keeping a free agent pickup, he's going to be a solid player in this league. I doubt a 6th rounder will seem severe for a guy like that.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
i can only make it september 1st if it's late at night, like 10. sorry. i can do the 2nd though
also, BT, i think it was agreed upon by all that we need to change playoffs teams from 8 to 6.
so we need to figure out a draft date and entry fee? is the scoring system good? i remember we needed to change it so that defenses get ST points this year.
<!--quoteo(post=112364:date=Aug 26 2010, 11:43 AM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Aug 26 2010, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i can only make it september 1st if it's late at night, like 10. sorry. i can do the 2nd though<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm out the 2nd. I also can't really do the 7th or 8th. I could do the 31st, I think.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
i'd only be able to do the 31st at like 930. i work most nights.
<!--quoteo(post=112390:date=Aug 26 2010, 01:29 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Aug 26 2010, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i'd only be able to do the 31st at like 930. i work most nights.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think we are in trouble then. I've got other drafts on the 2nd, the 7th and the 8th. Kid can't do it labor day weekend, which takes out the 3,4,5 and 6th. You can't do it the 31st or 1st. That's pretty much every day.

Does the 30th work for anyone?

i work. just do it whenever, as late as possible is good but i don't want to be the one to hold it up. i could do it sometime this saturday or sunday. kid can't do it that whole weekend? the 2nd would be my best day, but you have a draft already. i'll see if i can switch with someone at work on wednesday the 1st and IF i can do that the very earliest i can be on would be 8:15. should i try that?
<!--quoteo(post=112406:date=Aug 26 2010, 03:19 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Aug 26 2010, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i work. just do it whenever, as late as possible is good but i don't want to be the one to hold it up. i could do it sometime this saturday or sunday. kid can't do it that whole weekend? the 2nd would be my best day, but you have a draft already. i'll see if i can switch with someone at work on wednesday the 1st and IF i can do that the very earliest i can be on would be 8:15. should i try that?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That works for me, but I don't want to speak for the rest of the league.
it's making it kind of hard that a bunch of people haven't said much. i'll ask work about this but i sort of need to know if we can do it then before hand. hopefully a few more people check in here.
it's a little early but would it be impossible to do it this weekend?
<!--quoteo(post=112416:date=Aug 26 2010, 03:33 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Aug 26 2010, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->it's a little early but would it be impossible to do it this weekend?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've got a reunion this weekend, but I could probably do it Sunday.
You guys name a time and I should be able to be there. I can't see anything coming up that would hold me from being able to be there
<!--quoteo(post=112418:date=Aug 26 2010, 02:39 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Aug 26 2010, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You guys name a time and I should be able to be there. I can't see anything coming up that would hold me from being able to be there<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Same with me, I'm home most evenings.