Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
soi keeper fantasy football
Sept. 1 is fine with me so long as it's late enough (please at least 9 pm ET).
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
OK, I think I might have figured out at least which 2 teams are available. The Superstuds and Royale with Cheese. Does that sound right to everyone?
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
Royale with Cheese was my team and it is indeed available.
I'm fine with taking either of those teams keepers.

Personally, I think we should do 2 keepers instead of 3, but it's because Ace and I are new additions and it will open the talent pool to ten more players.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=112156:date=Aug 24 2010, 01:19 PM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Aug 24 2010, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm fine with taking either of those teams keepers.

Personally, I think we should do 2 keepers instead of 3, but it's because Ace and I are new additions and it will open the talent pool to ten more players.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Obviously I agree with bz, but I know that we don't get to call the shots. Still, I'd love it if it was just two keepers... could help keep things a little more competitive, and more importantly, will make the draft much more fun.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
i just joined a long running, huge money league with a keeper format that i've never seen but now that i'm learning it, it's really cool and keeps the draft /trading very interesting. just thought i'd throw it out there and i'll break it down really quick, or try to.

- owner can keep 3 but loses a pick 2 rounds higher than he was drafted the year before
-any player that is a keeper but went undrafted costs a 5th
- keeping a 1st rounder costs a 1st and 3rd
- keeping a 2nd round player costs a 1st and 4th
- keeping a 3rd round player costs a 1st
-all rules hold true for traded players
-you may only use your picks for keeper's rights
-once a team trades or loses a pick they forfeit the right to keep a player with that pick, meaning it has to be your pick and even if you re-acquire it, it's still void for keeper rights
-a week or 2 before the draft all keepers (up to 3) must be announced and at that time all other players go into the draft pool. deals can still be made but only with the keepers and allowable picks involved.
-once keepers are locked, they're locked. meaning that in my league we're about to deal turner, who would have cost us a 2nd rounder, we still give up that second rounder as the draft board will reflect him as our 2nd pick, the deals we're in talks to make have us getting a 1st and 2nd to replace the one we're giving up.

my buddy came in last because he had stuff going on last year and can't afford to do it himself this year so we're splitting costs and running the team. the way keeper are set up, we get to take peterson with the 1st overall at the draft, which is why we're dealing turner. other guys available to be drafted are p manning, gore, s jackson, r moss, wayne, brady, megatron, a johnson and a bunch more. you have to plan ahead in some cases and in others, when you don't, you keep guys like welker and ricky williams and brent celek because they cost much lower draft picks or because you're forced to drop guys eventually. i've been involved now for the end of the post season dealings leading up to the draft and it has been crazy, with some great deals and imaginative thinking going on.

like i said, i think it's really cool and it may be too much, so if we don't use it, maybe one of you could for one of your leagues. i'd be happy to find out any answers to any questions anyone might have.

Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
<!--quoteo(post=110871:date=Aug 13 2010, 08:48 AM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Aug 13 2010, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49961:date=Jul 15 2009, 11:04 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Jul 15 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Are we planning on doing an auction? That would be much tougher online. If not, I'm in a keeper league that's pretty easy to keep track of. Basically, you can keep 3 guys. You have to use a draft pick to keep them. The draft pick is determined by what round they went in last year, then you subtract one year. You can keep a guy for a max of 3 years. It sounds complicated, but it's not. For instance:

2009, I draft Cutler in the 3rd round. If I want to keep him in 2010, I have to use a 2nd rounder. If i want to keep him in 2011, I have to use a first rounder. I can't keep him in 2012.

First rounders will always cost you a first rounder. You can't keep a guy unless you have a draft pick in that round. So if you want to keep 2 guys taken in the first round, you must have 2 first round picks.

Really, all you have to keep track of is the draft position for each guy.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Is this the model that we're using? Also, can we move the draft from Labor Day to another day?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Does this model mean that you can only keep one of your first and second rounders? (because if you keep your second, you have to give up your first round pick; or, if you keep your first rounder, you have to give up your first round pick)
<!--quoteo(post=112185:date=Aug 24 2010, 08:15 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Aug 24 2010, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=110871:date=Aug 13 2010, 08:48 AM:name=Kid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid @ Aug 13 2010, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49961:date=Jul 15 2009, 11:04 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Jul 15 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Are we planning on doing an auction? That would be much tougher online. If not, I'm in a keeper league that's pretty easy to keep track of. Basically, you can keep 3 guys. You have to use a draft pick to keep them. The draft pick is determined by what round they went in last year, then you subtract one year. You can keep a guy for a max of 3 years. It sounds complicated, but it's not. For instance:

2009, I draft Cutler in the 3rd round. If I want to keep him in 2010, I have to use a 2nd rounder. If i want to keep him in 2011, I have to use a first rounder. I can't keep him in 2012.

First rounders will always cost you a first rounder. You can't keep a guy unless you have a draft pick in that round. So if you want to keep 2 guys taken in the first round, you must have 2 first round picks.

Really, all you have to keep track of is the draft position for each guy.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Is this the model that we're using? Also, can we move the draft from Labor Day to another day?

Does this model mean that you can only keep one of your first and second rounders? (because if you keep your second, you have to give up your first round pick; or, if you keep your first rounder, you have to give up your first round pick)

This is the model, and you are correct about the first and second rounders. That's what I was trying to get across to you when you were afraid all of the good players would be gone. A maximum of 10 of the first 20 players can be saved in any given following year.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=112186:date=Aug 24 2010, 09:20 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Aug 24 2010, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=112185:date=Aug 24 2010, 08:15 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Aug 24 2010, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=110871:date=Aug 13 2010, 08:48 AM:name=Kid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid @ Aug 13 2010, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49961:date=Jul 15 2009, 11:04 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Jul 15 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Are we planning on doing an auction? That would be much tougher online. If not, I'm in a keeper league that's pretty easy to keep track of. Basically, you can keep 3 guys. You have to use a draft pick to keep them. The draft pick is determined by what round they went in last year, then you subtract one year. You can keep a guy for a max of 3 years. It sounds complicated, but it's not. For instance:

This is the model, and you are correct about the first and second rounders. That's what I was trying to get across to you when you were afraid all of the good players would be gone. A maximum of 10 of the first 20 players can be saved in any given following year.

Well, to be fair, many of the best players were taken in later rounds (and thus can be saved very, very "cheaply"), so my concern isn't totally allayed - but it's all good. I was just confirming.
So how is the keeper thing gonna work? Are we just going to have to do it manually in the draft?
<!--quoteo(post=112253:date=Aug 25 2010, 01:39 PM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Aug 25 2010, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So how is the keeper thing gonna work? Are we just going to have to do it manually in the draft?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

that will be the easiest way to do it. You just have to know who to pick and what round to take them.
I would think we'll need to declare in advance of the draft.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Yeah there is gonna have to be a list and people will have to be very aware of the list and following it closely, otherwise we could have major errors.
<!--quoteo(post=112258:date=Aug 25 2010, 01:50 PM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Aug 25 2010, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I would think we'll need to declare in advance of the draft.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

right. we need to figure out when we want save lists due.
<!--quoteo(post=112259:date=Aug 25 2010, 01:52 PM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Aug 25 2010, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah there is gonna have to be a list and people will have to be very aware of the list and following it closely, otherwise we could have major errors.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I can try to fix any screwups as the draft progresses.