Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helpful Fantasy Sites?
<!--quoteo(post=113900:date=Sep 9 2010, 10:25 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Sep 9 2010, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=113895:date=Sep 9 2010, 10:22 PM:name=Baron)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 9 2010, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=113894:date=Sep 9 2010, 10:20 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Sep 9 2010, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=113889:date=Sep 9 2010, 09:10 PM:name=Baron)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 9 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Tim Hightower @STL
Johnathan Stewart @NYG
Felix Jones @WAS
Donovan McNabb vs DAL

I need one RB and one flex, standard settings, I'm leaning to McNabb and Hightower I think.

My WR are weak, my backups are Devin Hester, Devin Thomas and Steve Breaston.

Here are the top projected FA WR: Danny Amendola (we get 1 pt every 50 return yds), Mike Thomas (JAX), Gaffney (DEN), Bess (MIA), Mike Williams (TB), Jenkins (ATL) and so on... any WR sleepers out there for me? lol<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
What kind of retarded ass league lets you play a QB as a flex option? That's some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard of. Why not just start 2 QB's instead of having a flex?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It had been 2 QBs for the last 4 years but people bitched about QB hoarding and having to trade quality for shitty QBs. I don't like it much, and I'll always play a QB there, but I liked 2 QBs because it made our league seem unique.
But it's exactly the same thing. EVERYONE is going to play a QB as the flex, and if they don't they're dumb. Playing 2 QB's just makes it sound less stupid, but it's the same thing.

I don't disagree.
[Image: 2hz4sk2.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=113901:date=Sep 9 2010, 10:28 PM:name=Baron)-->QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 9 2010, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=113900:date=Sep 9 2010, 10:25 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Sep 9 2010, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=113895:date=Sep 9 2010, 10:22 PM:name=Baron)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 9 2010, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=113894:date=Sep 9 2010, 10:20 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Sep 9 2010, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=113889:date=Sep 9 2010, 09:10 PM:name=Baron)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 9 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Tim Hightower @STL
Johnathan Stewart @NYG
Felix Jones @WAS
Donovan McNabb vs DAL

I need one RB and one flex, standard settings, I'm leaning to McNabb and Hightower I think.

My WR are weak, my backups are Devin Hester, Devin Thomas and Steve Breaston.

Here are the top projected FA WR: Danny Amendola (we get 1 pt every 50 return yds), Mike Thomas (JAX), Gaffney (DEN), Bess (MIA), Mike Williams (TB), Jenkins (ATL) and so on... any WR sleepers out there for me? lol<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
What kind of retarded ass league lets you play a QB as a flex option? That's some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard of. Why not just start 2 QB's instead of having a flex?
It had been 2 QBs for the last 4 years but people bitched about QB hoarding and having to trade quality for shitty QBs. I don't like it much, and I'll always play a QB there, but I liked 2 QBs because it made our league seem unique.
But it's exactly the same thing. EVERYONE is going to play a QB as the flex, and if they don't they're dumb. Playing 2 QB's just makes it sound less stupid, but it's the same thing.

I don't disagree.
I just don't understand why it would even be changed if it's just gonna be changed to the same thing.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
I'm in a league where the QB can be used as a flex, but the scoring (most notably, PPR, and QBs need more yards to get a point than WR/RB) is such that QBs don't automatically blow everyone else out of the water. It makes game-day decisions extra hard and interesting.

That said, I did not endorse the choice, and I pretty much always use two QBs. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
I'm in the league too, and I've complained about the 2 QB's for all four years we've done it (with 12 teams, in bye weeks that means guys are starting QB's that might not play a single snap...absolutely retarded). The QB flex thing is stupid too, but I'm already getting my way with the original rule so there's no use in me complaining more.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=113911:date=Sep 10 2010, 07:43 AM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Sep 10 2010, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm in the league too, and I've complained about the 2 QB's for all four years we've done it (with 12 teams, in bye weeks that means guys are starting QB's that might not play a single snap...absolutely retarded). The QB flex thing is stupid too, but I'm already getting my way with the original rule so there's no use in me complaining more.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh please, the 2 QB was fine. You are probably just pissed I took Wes Welker.
[Image: 2hz4sk2.jpg]
So... my team with CJ2K, Forte and Foster put up some pretty gaudy numbers this week, and that was with Foster on my bench. Unfortunately, I played against CJ2k and Foster in my other league.
My team lost by 0.6 pts.
We had 3 total fumbles, a 2nd round pick get 7 yards rushing, a defense that gave up an offensive fumble for a touchdown just before half (which caused us pts), and our QB had it 1st and goal during the last minute of the last MNF game throw 3 incompete passes.
at first it seemed like a no brainer but now i'm hesitant. 6 player 12 team keeper league - do i pull the trigger on miles austin for fitzgerald and beanie wells? i have austin. my other starting WR is desean jackson and i have cj2k but i'm a big RB guy and my other options this year are LT and addai. i know wells is hurt but he's young and should be back soon. plus fitzgerald is a free agent in our league next year, meaning i'd have to pay to keep him and i can't tag him (meaning i can match any bid).
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
I need 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and one flex. What do you say?

Mendenhall @ TB
Forte Vs. GB
Tolbert @SEA
R Brown vs. NYJ
S. Greene @MIA

Colston vs. ATL
Moss vs. BUF
Smith (CAR) vs. CIN

I'm probably starting the top 2 listed at each position, and think it's between Smith, Tolbert, and Brown for the flex spot.
<!--quoteo(post=115172:date=Sep 24 2010, 12:54 PM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ Sep 24 2010, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I need 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and one flex. What do you say?

Mendenhall @ TB
Forte Vs. GB
Tolbert @SEA
R Brown vs. NYJ
S. Greene @MIA

Colston vs. ATL
Moss vs. BUF
Smith (CAR) vs. CIN

I'm probably starting the top 2 listed at each position, and think it's between Smith, Tolbert, and Brown for the flex spot.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Start Colston. Atlanta's secondary is garbage.
<!--quoteo(post=115133:date=Sep 24 2010, 09:45 AM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Sep 24 2010, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->at first it seemed like a no brainer but now i'm hesitant. 6 player 12 team keeper league - do i pull the trigger on miles austin for fitzgerald and beanie wells? i have austin. my other starting WR is desean jackson and i have cj2k but i'm a big RB guy and my other options this year are LT and addai. i know wells is hurt but he's young and should be back soon. plus fitzgerald is a free agent in our league next year, meaning i'd have to pay to keep him and i can't tag him (meaning i can match any bid).<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

someone gimme something on this one
someone talk me out of this
You don't need to be talked out of it. Austin will be better this year (marginally), but he and Fitzgerald are a future wash, and then you get Beanie on top of it?
Yeah, I can't really come up with a reason not to either, but you may want to wait until after this weekend to accept, because Austin will probably have a huge game against the Texans.
<!--quoteo(post=115254:date=Sep 24 2010, 08:05 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Sep 24 2010, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, I can't really come up with a reason not to either, but you may want to wait until after this weekend to accept, because Austin will probably have a huge game against the Texans.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Good point.