Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helpful Fantasy Sites?
Just got the #1 overall in one of my leagues.... CJ2k or AP?
I'm going CJ in my big money league, as of now.
<!--quoteo(post=110498:date=Aug 11 2010, 07:08 AM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Aug 11 2010, 07:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm going CJ in my big money league, as of now.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, I'm having a hard time justifying anyone else right now.
CJ just came off of the most carries in his career, and won't have as many yards this year as last.

If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=110531:date=Aug 11 2010, 09:35 AM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Aug 11 2010, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->CJ just came off of the most carries in his career, and won't have as many yards this year as last.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, the curse of the 350 carry season... It certainly bit AP in the ass last year, and he could rebound, but the Favre situation has me leery of taking taking him.
The Favre situation won't affect the AP as much as similar QB problems might affect others (Mendenhall). He's good enough, and big/strong enough to be elite with the box stacked. The Titans are as much a question mark as the Vikings, if not more. Will Vince Young continue to be good? They have no one to throw to except CJ. CJ isn't a stong inside, uphill runner so he may be susceptible to the box being stacked on him. Also, the Vikings defense provides better field positioning than the Titans. It, honestly, may be a coin flip and you really should be happy with either pick.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
for me it's always - when in doubt don't pick a packer or viking
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
I just did a mock draft and ended up with this:

QB1 - Peyton Manning
QB2 - Carson Palmer
RB1 - Adrian Peterson
RB2 - Beanie Wells
RB3 - Matt Forte
RB4 - Ricky Williams
WR1 - Miles Austin
WR2 - Hakeem Nicks
WR3 - Terrell Owens
WR4 - Malcom Floyd
WR5 - Golden Tate
TE1 - Owen Daniels
TE2 - Kevin Boss
K - Sebastion Janikowski
D - Chicago (homer pick)

If I end up anywhere near this team in my actual draft I will shit myself. I need to stop doing mock drafts because I'm going to get my hopes up.
Here's the team I wound up with. Not crazy about my QB's, and the football guys team rater agrees... I had to take someone in the 5th since it was going to be a while before my next pick and all of the great QB's were off the board...

1. (1) Chris Johnson
2. (24) Larry Fitzgerald
3. (25) Brandon Marshall
4. (48) Matt Forte
5. (49) Eli Manning
6. (72) Brent Celek
7. (73) C.J. Spiller
8. (96) Mike Wallace
9. (97) Arian Foster
10. (120) Kyle Orton
11. (121) Dallas
12. (144) Mike Williams (TB)
13. (145) Jabar Gaffney
14. (168) Sebastian Janikowski
15. (169) Mario Manningham
i like that team cc. looks like you did pretty good. from what i've been reading orton looks pretty good this year. what do you guys think about fitzgerald this year? he's obviously a supreme talent, but i just don't know how much of a fantasy hit he'll take without warner throwing to him.
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
Designated Hitters

1. (9) Andre Johnson
2. (16) Calvin Johnson
3. (33) Beanie Wells
4. (40) Brett Favre
5. (57) C.J. Spiller
6. (64) Dez Bryant
7. (81) John Carlson
8. (88) Michael Bush
9. (105) Malcom Floyd
10. (112) Johnny Knox
11. (129) Donald Brown
12. (136) Justin Forsett
13. (153) San Francisco
14. (160) Nate Kaeding
15. (177) Dexter McCluster
16. (184) Darrius Heyward-Bey
17. (201) Michael Vick

I'm more than concerned about my RBs, but this is just a $20 league. I've never drafted WRs in back to back rounds so we'll see how this works out. You can only play two WRs in this league so I think having two of the top 4 gives me a big advantage. The Fantasy Football guys gave me a 99% chance to make the playoffs with good in season management, and an 88% chance without good management.
<!--quoteo(post=112611:date=Aug 27 2010, 10:51 AM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Aug 27 2010, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Designated Hitters

1. (9) Andre Johnson
2. (16) Calvin Johnson
3. (33) Beanie Wells
4. (40) Brett Favre
5. (57) C.J. Spiller
6. (64) Dez Bryant
7. (81) John Carlson
8. (88) Michael Bush
9. (105) Malcom Floyd
10. (112) Johnny Knox
11. (129) Donald Brown
12. (136) Justin Forsett
13. (153) San Francisco
14. (160) Nate Kaeding
17. (201) Michael Vick

I'm more than concerned about my RBs, but this is just a $20 league. I've never drafted WRs in back to back rounds so we'll see how this works out. You can only play two WRs in this league so I think having two of the top 4 gives me a big advantage. The Fantasy Football guys gave me a 99% chance to make the playoffs with good in season management, and an 88% chance without good management.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's a tough one... if you can only play 2 WR's, it would be nice to have 2 of best available, but at the same time, I sure as hell would want to be strong at RB, since I imagine good WR's would be easier to come by. Good thing for you Addai got a concussion last night. Maybe Brown will amount to something this year. That's a hell of a lot of bench spots too considering you can only start 2 WR's, how is the rest of the starting lineup set up?
<!--quoteo(post=112615:date=Aug 27 2010, 12:13 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Aug 27 2010, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=112611:date=Aug 27 2010, 10:51 AM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Aug 27 2010, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Designated Hitters

1. (9) Andre Johnson
2. (16) Calvin Johnson
3. (33) Beanie Wells
4. (40) Brett Favre
5. (57) C.J. Spiller
6. (64) Dez Bryant
7. (81) John Carlson
8. (88) Michael Bush
9. (105) Malcom Floyd
10. (112) Johnny Knox
11. (129) Donald Brown
12. (136) Justin Forsett
13. (153) San Francisco
14. (160) Nate Kaeding
17. (201) Michael Vick

I'm more than concerned about my RBs, but this is just a $20 league. I've never drafted WRs in back to back rounds so we'll see how this works out. You can only play two WRs in this league so I think having two of the top 4 gives me a big advantage. The Fantasy Football guys gave me a 99% chance to make the playoffs with good in season management, and an 88% chance without good management.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's a tough one... if you can only play 2 WR's, it would be nice to have 2 of best available, but at the same time, I sure as hell would want to be strong at RB, since I imagine good WR's would be easier to come by. Good thing for you Addai got a concussion last night. Maybe Brown will amount to something this year. That's a hell of a lot of bench spots too considering you can only start 2 WR's, how is the rest of the starting lineup set up?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

QB - Favre
RB - Beanie Wells
RB - one of Forsett, Spiller or Bush
WR - Andre Johnson
WR - Calvin Johnson
TE - Carlson
FLEX - one of Forsett, Spiller, Bush, Floyd, Bryant, Knox
Kicker - Kaeding
Defense - 49ers

It isn't PPR so I'm thinking that WR's are going to be pretty close to the value of RBs. Obviously, the RBs with the potential for 1500-2000 yards from scrimmage will be more valuable than any WR, but only 3 or 4 exist. The Johnson's could net met around 3000 yards and 22-26 TDs...about the same as most teams core of RBs would. I'm thinking with good attention to matchups and a rotating cast of RBs, my RB unit could produce better than average results. Favre is a huge question mark.
<!--quoteo(post=112606:date=Aug 27 2010, 10:38 AM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Aug 27 2010, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i like that team cc. looks like you did pretty good. from what i've been reading orton looks pretty good this year. what do you guys think about fitzgerald this year? he's obviously a supreme talent, but i just don't know how much of a fantasy hit he'll take without warner throwing to him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, I ran every team through the team rater, and I have the highest chance of making the playoffs, so I've got that going for me.

I'm not at all worried about Fitzgerald. If anything, he'll get more targets with Boldin gone, and I don't think it really matters much who's throwing him the ball given how good he is.
Just finished my draft - 12 man league (starters 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST), H2H performance:

QB - P Manning, D McNabb
RB - M Jones-Drew, D Williams, J Addai
WR - A Boldin, H Ward, R Meachem, Mike Williams
TE - J Witten, G Olsen
K - Kaeding
D/ST - Cincin

We'll see where that gets me, but I feel ok at the moment.
I got nothin'.

Andy