Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FF who to start...
What's happening with Vincent Jackson?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

I can't believe I was even thinking about benching Brees last week [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/teh.gif[/img] but this week brings a whole new wrinkle... Palmer vs. DET or Brees vs. the Redskins? The Redskins have the top passing D, but they are pretty banged up. I guess I should let it ride. At this point, I'm playing for a 2 or 3 seed so I don't have to face the #1 team in the semifinals, which means I only need to win one of the next 2 games.
<!--quoteo(post=70377:date=Dec 1 2009, 09:59 AM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Dec 1 2009, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I can't believe I was even thinking about benching Brees last week [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/teh.gif[/img] but this week brings a whole new wrinkle... Palmer vs. DET or Brees vs. the Redskins? The Redskins have the top passing D, but they are pretty banged up. I guess I should let it ride. At this point, I'm playing for a 2 or 3 seed so I don't have to face the #1 team in the semifinals, which means I only need to win one of the next 2 games.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Palmer has been pretty bad the last couple of weeks. He ran a couple in, but that was a fluke. I'd stick with Brees pretty much no matter what your matchup is.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
Stick with Brees. Yeah, the Skins D is #1 against the pass, but the Saints can throw on anyone.

With DeSean Jackson probably out, do I go: Slaton (@JAX), Santonio (OAK), Mason (@GB), or pick up Norwood (PHI, with Turner possibly out), Kevin Walter (@JAX), or Avant (@ATL).
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
I'd say Slaton out of those.
Yeah, I like Slaton as well.

Standard scoring:

QB (pick one):

Orton (@KC)
Cutler (STL)
A. Smith (@SEA)

RB (pick two):

Forte (STL)
Barber (@NYG)
Jones (@NYG)

WR (pick two):

V. Jackson (@CLE)
Boldin (MIN)
Ochocinco (DET)
Avery (@CHI)

I'm leaning Orton, Forte and Barber, Jackson and Avery.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=70496:date=Dec 2 2009, 03:34 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Dec 2 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Stick with Brees. Yeah, the Skins D is #1 against the pass, but the Saints can throw on anyone.

With DeSean Jackson probably out, do I go: Slaton (@JAX), Santonio (OAK), Mason (@GB), or pick up Norwood (PHI, with Turner possibly out), Kevin Walter (@JAX), or Avant (@ATL).<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, I was just looking at the Skins' schedule, and there's a reason they're #1 against the pass... they haven't played anyone good.

If Avant is out there, it might be worth taking a flier on him, but I'd still start Slaton.
Ricky Williams or Benson?
[Image: lou.jpg]
Ricky
<!--quoteo(post=70519:date=Dec 3 2009, 11:16 AM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Dec 3 2009, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=70496:date=Dec 2 2009, 03:34 PM:name=Giff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giff @ Dec 2 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Stick with Brees. Yeah, the Skins D is #1 against the pass, but the Saints can throw on anyone.

With DeSean Jackson probably out, do I go: Slaton (@JAX), Santonio (OAK), Mason (@GB), or pick up Norwood (PHI, with Turner possibly out), Kevin Walter (@JAX), or Avant (@ATL).<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, I was just looking at the Skins' schedule, and there's a reason they're #1 against the pass... they haven't played anyone good.

If Avant is out there, it might be worth taking a flier on him, but I'd still start Slaton.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Looks like Slaton is out this weekend. So now what?
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=70684:date=Dec 4 2009, 11:42 AM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Dec 4 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=70519:date=Dec 3 2009, 11:16 AM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Dec 3 2009, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=70496:date=Dec 2 2009, 03:34 PM:name=Giff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giff @ Dec 2 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Stick with Brees. Yeah, the Skins D is #1 against the pass, but the Saints can throw on anyone.

Looks like Slaton is out this weekend. So now what?

Fuck! I missed that. I'd probably go Avant given how bad ATL's pass D is.

Ugh, so my choices to replace Slaton are McFadden @ PIT, Donald Brown (likely out too), or Norwood? I guess Norwood and Mike Bell are my RB's this week, and I actually do still need one more win.
Alright guys...quick question:

Avery against the Bears

OR

Boldin against the Vikings

If I knew for a fact Warner was going to play I wouldn't be questioning this, but there is still a chance Warner won't play (even though his agent says he will). Does it make me a bad Bear fan since I believe that Avery is going to have a good game?

Need an opinion please.
Boldin
[Image: lou.jpg]
Of my eight starters, my kicker lost his job this morning and I didn't get a chance to remove him, my quarterback went down on the first play from scrimmage, and Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark are neutralized by Peyton Manning on the other team in a QB-heavy league. I think I'm fucked.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=70853:date=Dec 6 2009, 12:04 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Dec 6 2009, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Of my eight starters, my kicker lost his job this morning and I didn't get a chance to remove him, my quarterback went down on the first play from scrimmage, and Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark are neutralized by Peyton Manning on the other team in a QB-heavy league. I think I'm fucked.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ouch, yeah, I got hosed by Schaub in one league too. In the league that matters though, my opponent, who was a half game back in the standings, had Warner and Garrard... for some odd reason, he picked up Redman yesterday morning and started him. He also benched Boldin, which resulted in an easy win for me, even though my two RB's, Bell and Norwood, combined for a whopping 7 points.