Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Z to the Pen
<!--quoteo(post=98878:date=May 28 2010, 03:10 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ May 28 2010, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98873:date=May 28 2010, 02:55 PM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ May 28 2010, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Has Wells luck ran out?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He's been solid most of the year aside from 2 starts, so the jury is still out.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
he had a pretty shitty may...

Still between Wells and groz, its a toss up for me really....
<!--quoteo(post=98904:date=May 28 2010, 04:09 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ May 28 2010, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Lou suggested the guy was Wells a week ago.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lou suggested macaroni pants six minutes ago.
Lou might be the most overpaid Cub, and that is saying something.
<!--quoteo(post=98916:date=May 28 2010, 07:16 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ May 28 2010, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98904:date=May 28 2010, 04:09 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ May 28 2010, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Lou suggested the guy was Wells a week ago.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lou suggested macaroni pants six minutes ago.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CA564EXYjj8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CA564EXYjj8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

To be fair, Wells had one shitty start prior to this one in May against Pittsburgh. He pitched great in his last 3 against some really tough lineups. He had two mediocre-to-bad starts in April, and we still won both of those games. Do I think he is this bad? Nope. But I also never believed he was as good as he looked in 2009 either. He is probably a low-to-mid 4.0 ERA pitcher who will rack up innings. That's ok, but as your #4/5 starter. Don't expect him to be much more than that.
<!--quoteo(post=98924:date=May 28 2010, 09:11 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ May 28 2010, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->To be fair, Wells had one shitty start prior to this one in May against Pittsburgh. He pitched great in his last 3 against some really tough lineups. He had two mediocre-to-bad starts in April, and we still won both of those games. Do I think he is this bad? Nope. But I also never believed he was as good as he looked in 2009 either. He is probably a low-to-mid 4.0 ERA pitcher who will rack up innings. That's ok, but as your #4/5 starter. Don't expect him to be much more than that.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I agree with this. I also think he's capable of having streaks of excellence. It all depends on his command.
I think it's a serious mistake to send Wells to the pen over Gorzelanny. I think they need to give Wells the chance to learn from his downturn and see what he does with the opportunity. I think the league has made some adjustments and now it's time to see if Wells can adjust to those adjustments. If they put him in the pen now, it disrupts his development. I think he has been more than good enough to earn some more chances. I just don't understand many of the moves this team has been making. They seem desperate and poorly thought out. I guess this is a result of the "win now" mentality, but I don't like or agree with that mentality. Their chances of winning now are not that high, and I would rather see them be more forward thinking, rather than throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks.
Lou will do the wrong thing.