Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs vs. D'Backs 4/29
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif[/img]
Lilly is throwing batting practice today.
Unbelieveable.

And Dirk was right.

And I think Santo is about to turn catatonic. No emotion whatsoever.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

Well I think it's clear. Mother Nature is a Cardinals fan. We crush balls on cold windy days that get knocked down and we give up freebie bombs when the wind howls out, yet can't seem to hit any ourselves.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
So, the lesser of two evils? Now I need to go and watch my son's middle school baseball team get the crap kicked out of them for about the 15th time this year. They haven't won a game in 5 years. They routinely lose 20 or 30 to nothing. Every game is mercifully ended by the slaughter rule. It's a little discouraging.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
Soto...that first pitch was a fucking meatball.
Ron: "When you are more erect, you have a tendency to stride a little farther. That's what I like about the little guy."
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=93619:date=Apr 29 2010, 02:46 PM:name=Lance)-->QUOTE (Lance @ Apr 29 2010, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So, the lesser of two evils? Now I need to go and watch my son's middle school baseball team get the crap kicked out of them for about the 15th time this year. They haven't won a game in 5 years. They routinely lose 20 or 30 to nothing. Every game is mercifully ended by the slaughter rule. It's a little discouraging.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Charlie Brown the manager?

So we finally get a solid fly ball, and it goes to the deepest part of the park.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
Wind never goes in our favour.
FUCK THIS FUCKING WIND! GOD FUCKING DAMMIT! RAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEE!!!1one!

Sirott, you're lucky you only do the 5th inning, you fisting fetishist. Go call Chip if you want to do some fisting...

Jeez...what are Lee and Ramirez batting combined the last 3 weeks, like .100? Fucking pathetic.
<!--quoteo(post=93638:date=Apr 29 2010, 01:04 PM:name=dk123)-->QUOTE (dk123 @ Apr 29 2010, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Jeez...what are Lee and Ramirez batting combined the last 3 weeks, like .100? Fucking pathetic.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
But they have had several foul-tips.
<!--quoteo(post=93639:date=Apr 29 2010, 03:06 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 29 2010, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=93638:date=Apr 29 2010, 01:04 PM:name=dk123)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dk123 @ Apr 29 2010, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Jeez...what are Lee and Ramirez batting combined the last 3 weeks, like .100? Fucking pathetic.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
But they have had several foul-tips.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And I read that as foul-ups...