Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs Signed Howry. I'm Not Kidding
<!--quoteo(post=97350:date=May 20 2010, 12:47 PM:name=1060Ivy)-->QUOTE (1060Ivy @ May 20 2010, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=97324:date=May 20 2010, 11:58 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ May 20 2010, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm not going to flip out, but surely we have someone in our minor league system who can pitch better than Howry.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Agreed but Hendry has a hard on for a veteran, right hander. The bullpen just needed someone who has to shave more frequently than once a week.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The bullpen needs someone who can shave himself without drawing blood.
So this is true? We actually signed a guy who is sucking raw dick in the National League, just because he used to suck <i>here</i>?!
When you sign a guy with an ERA north of fucking 10, you naturally assume that his surrounding numbers are off-the-charts good, and that the ERA is an anomaly. However:

1-We already know that the Cub's front office doesn't look past "back of the baseball card numbers"
2-His surrounding numbers do indeed indicate that he's pitched <i>terribly</i>

Send him to Iowa? Sure.
Install him on the MLB Cubs?
I refuse to take part in the Welcome Back thread.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=97715:date=May 21 2010, 03:10 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ May 21 2010, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So this is true? W actually signed a guy who sucking raw dick in the National League, just because he used to suck <i>here</i>?!
When you sign a guy with an ERA north of fucking 10, you naturally assume that his surrounding numbers are off-the-charts good, and that the ERA is an anomaly. However:

1-We already know that the Cub's front office doesn't look past "back of the baseball card numbers"
2-His surrounding numbers do indeed indicate that he's pitched <i>terribly</i>

Send him to Iowa? Sure.
Install him on the MLB Cubs?
I refuse to take part in the Welcome Back thread.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm fairly certain that the Welcome Home thread is tongue in cheek.
As great of a deal as Bradley for Silva was, this is the exact opposite.
<!--quoteo(post=98083:date=May 24 2010, 03:33 PM:name=PistolPete)-->QUOTE (PistolPete @ May 24 2010, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->As meaningful of a deal as Bradley for Silva was, this is the exact opposite.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Fixed.