Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs Signed Howry. I'm Not Kidding
Ok, I'm done with Hendry. You guys can blow him for bringing Silva if you want...and yeah...I'm thrilled with Byrd but come on...Howry? WTF.
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...obby-howry.html
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Ok, I'm done with Hendry. You guys can blow him for bringing Silva if you want.. but come on...Howry? WTF<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
I'm not gonna rag too much on Jim for this move.
Yet.
When the inevitable "Jim thinking" kicks in ("Hey, he's a sucky middle reliever. And a VETEREN! Let's give him 2 years and $5 million!") yeah, then I'm gonna be pissed.

But for now, what the hell. Put him down in Iowa, see if he has anything left in the tank, see if a change of scenery helps, whatever. Hey, it's worth a shot, since we are looking for any viable arm.
It's probably not costing us much.

Yet.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
Oh come on, guys. It's a minor league deal for a guy who was actually pretty good last year.

If he blows, who cares?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
I'm not even sure he can throw BP.
I should say I'm *assuming* that if he's signed, it's a minor league deal and he'll have to work his way on the team.

If he's handed a spot immediately, then this is colossally stupid.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=97147:date=May 19 2010, 06:56 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ May 19 2010, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I should say I'm *assuming* that if he's signed, it's a minor league deal and he'll have to work his way on the team.

If he's handed a spot immediately, then this is colossally stupid.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

My money is on colossally stupid.
According to the link funkster posted, Howry isn't signed to any deal . . . yet.

I cannot help but wonder . . . whither Chad Fox?
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

<!--quoteo(post=97147:date=May 19 2010, 06:56 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ May 19 2010, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I should say I'm *assuming* that if he's signed, it's a minor league deal and he'll have to work his way on the team.

If he's handed a spot immediately, then this is colossally stupid.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I heard Lou wants to make him the new closer.
At the moment I'm prepared to assume that Hendry has figured out who the leak in the front office is.
CSN: Howry expected to join Cubs in Texas on Friday.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Tribune by way of Len Kasper: Cubs deny Howry has been signed.
<!--quoteo(post=97162:date=May 19 2010, 07:30 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ May 19 2010, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Tribune by way of Len Kasper: Cubs deny Howry has been signed.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm guessing he's quoting Sullivan's article...its that link I posted earlier.
<!--quoteo(post=97163:date=May 19 2010, 07:32 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ May 19 2010, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=97162:date=May 19 2010, 07:30 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ May 19 2010, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Tribune by way of Len Kasper: Cubs deny Howry has been signed.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm guessing he's quoting Sullivan's article...its that link I posted earlier.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Right. And I'm guessing "hasn't signed" is a technicality.
First of all, Howry got cut from AZ, who I believe has the worst bullpen in the Majors.

Second, if this move is true, I hope it follows the same line as the Jose Hernandez trade of 2003—if you catch my drift.
"Last year, I was sort of a kid and I was a little scared, I ain't scared any more."
Quote:- Hank Aaron