Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIRESALE NOW!!
<!--quoteo(post=99543:date=Jun 2 2010, 01:05 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Jun 2 2010, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=99502:date=Jun 2 2010, 10:18 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Jun 2 2010, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=99477:date=Jun 2 2010, 08:40 AM:name=Lance)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lance @ Jun 2 2010, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->BT and Rapp ought to form the "last remaining Cubs optimist club". Because, as far as I can tell within this small sample, it's just them.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Scarey. Don't forget Scarey. I don't hold anything against BT. The Cubs pay his salary, he has to say these things.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

quick question Tom. If I blame the players instead of the manager, do I still get paid? I mean, they are the Cubs too, right? I'm not sure what the dividing line is.

Follow up, what do I have to do to get into the cool kids club? I assume if I blame everything on hendry and pinella, that's a start, but do I need to do more? It will be tough for me, because as we all know, there is no one braver or smarter (or rarer) than a message board commenter willing to lay it all on the line and blame management for everything, and I'm just not sure I have the stones to do it.

Is there such thing as a Cool Kids Club as it pertains to an online sports message board? Isn't that the epitome of uncool?

I'm not sure if it's cool or not to blame management for their mistakes, real or perceived, but then I'm not sure it's cool to always take managements side in every single argument.

In life, there are constants: the sun will rise in the east, taxes will increase, people will die, bt will always side with management, kb will always side against management, and the Cubs will never win a championship. It's written in stone. The Mayans predicted it.
Wang.
Levine:
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The Philadelphia Philles have a scout following the Cubs over their next three series.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Now scouts are always at these games from a bunch of teams, but this just made me wonder who the Phillies could "possibly" be interested in. Lilly? He's the last "type" of starting pitcher they should really want for that park though.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=99571:date=Jun 2 2010, 03:08 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jun 2 2010, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Levine:
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->The Philadelphia Philles have a scout following the Cubs over their next three series.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Now scouts are always at these games from a bunch of teams, but this just made me wonder who the Phillies could "possibly" be interested in. Lilly? He's the last "type" of starting pitcher they should really want for that park though.
It has to be a SP or some spare part. All of their position players are set, so it is either a piece for the bench or a SP IMO.
<!--quoteo(post=99571:date=Jun 2 2010, 03:08 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jun 2 2010, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Levine:
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->The Philadelphia Philles have a scout following the Cubs over their next three series.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Where are they lacking? Silva might actually be a good fit for them -- he's throwing a lot of grounders. And Lilly is certainly an upgrade over Moyer.
<!--quoteo(post=99560:date=Jun 2 2010, 02:13 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 2 2010, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=99557:date=Jun 2 2010, 02:03 PM:name=Dirk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dirk @ Jun 2 2010, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I wonder if Colvin could learn to play 1st next year. He needs to be starting, at least against righties.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I have my doubts as to whether Colvin can keep this up for very long.
How can you possibly doubt it when he hasn't even been given a chance to really show what he can or can't do?
<!--quoteo(post=99666:date=Jun 2 2010, 09:28 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Jun 2 2010, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=99560:date=Jun 2 2010, 02:13 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 2 2010, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=99557:date=Jun 2 2010, 02:03 PM:name=Dirk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dirk @ Jun 2 2010, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I wonder if Colvin could learn to play 1st next year. He needs to be starting, at least against righties.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I have my doubts as to whether Colvin can keep this up for very long.
How can you possibly doubt it when he hasn't even been given a chance to really show what he can or can't do?
We are talking about the Cubs, right?
Angels might be looking at Lee instead, but Kap is reporting this.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/06/ange...derrek-lee.html
<!--quoteo(post=99677:date=Jun 2 2010, 10:01 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 2 2010, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Angels might be looking at Lee instead, but Kap is reporting this.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/06/ange...derrek-lee.html<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
In fairness to Kap, he's been pretty accurate with Cubs rumors over the last few years. He was all over the Harden stuff weeks before it happened for example.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=99677:date=Jun 2 2010, 11:01 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 2 2010, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Angels might be looking at Lee instead, but Kap is reporting this.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/06/ange...derrek-lee.html<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If we get a couple good mid-range prospects or one top 7-8 prospect and 50% salary relief, it's a good deal... otherwise, why bother? We could at least get 2 draft picks as a departing FA (who would likely NOT choose a year of arbitration over 2-3 guaranteed years).

Between Nady & Tracy (who I believe is underrated and a very good power & .OPS guy when 100%), we have 1b covered... but we shouldn't just give Lee away, either. We should get return of prospects and salary relief or a legitimate relief anchor (Fuentes NO WAY/Rodney maybe) and SOME salary relief.

If it happens, maybe a change of scene will wake up his bat. Personally, I think he is far from done as an above-average player... he's just not getting it done now. Let's see what happens.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein
Let's trade him for Kendry Morales. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=99548:date=Jun 2 2010, 01:23 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 2 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=99546:date=Jun 2 2010, 01:15 PM:name=Gracie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gracie @ Jun 2 2010, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I still haven't figured out how Lou is responsible for Theriot, Soto, Lee, and Ramirez not hitting well.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He's not. He's responsible for poor lineup management. Poor in game decisions. Poor player role decisions. The overall lackadasical attitude of the team. The not knowing how well individuals are/aren't performing. The inability to form a complete sentence/thought. The complete misuse of his pitching staff. Etc. Etc.

Please provide examples of each...instead of just some regurgitated sentence fragment.

List examples.
<!--quoteo(post=99758:date=Jun 3 2010, 02:00 PM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ Jun 3 2010, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=99548:date=Jun 2 2010, 01:23 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 2 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=99546:date=Jun 2 2010, 01:15 PM:name=Gracie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gracie @ Jun 2 2010, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I still haven't figured out how Lou is responsible for Theriot, Soto, Lee, and Ramirez not hitting well.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He's not. He's responsible for poor lineup management. Poor in game decisions. Poor player role decisions. The overall lackadasical attitude of the team. The not knowing how well individuals are/aren't performing. The inability to form a complete sentence/thought. The complete misuse of his pitching staff. Etc. Etc.

Please provide examples of each...instead of just some regurgitated sentence fragment.

List examples.
Watch the games.
<!--quoteo(post=99760:date=Jun 3 2010, 02:06 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 3 2010, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=99758:date=Jun 3 2010, 02:00 PM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ Jun 3 2010, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=99548:date=Jun 2 2010, 01:23 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 2 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=99546:date=Jun 2 2010, 01:15 PM:name=Gracie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gracie @ Jun 2 2010, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I still haven't figured out how Lou is responsible for Theriot, Soto, Lee, and Ramirez not hitting well.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

List examples.
Watch the games.

There we go...