Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inception
The Prestige is pretty good, but I still rank Memento as his best.
Come to think of it, I'd have to rank Memento at least third. No way it isn't better than Begins.

Revised:

Prestige
TDK
Memento
Inception
Begins

Either way, Nolan has a stellar resume, and I always look forward to his films.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UVkQ0C4qDvM&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UVkQ0C4qDvM&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
People have too much time on their hands.
Am I the only one that thought this movie was awful? I had to walk out half way in because I just couldn't take it anymore... I never do that kind of thing. I'll stick it out through just about any movie, but something about inception just didn't click with me.
<!--quoteo(post=123706:date=Dec 16 2010, 09:01 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Dec 16 2010, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Am I the only one that thought this movie was awful? I had to walk out half way in because I just couldn't take it anymore... I never do that kind of thing. I'll stick it out through just about any movie, but something about inception just didn't click with me.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It wasn't for me. I immediately lost interest in it. I was with other people, so I didn't walk out, but I mentally checked out.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
I didn't find it as amazing as the whole world seems to, and I was pretty vocal about that earlier in the thread. Over time I've found more to dislike, and it's mostly with everyone's hype and lack of sensibility about "mind-bending" movies. It's like watching Jurassic Park to learn about paleontology or biology. Or an MC Escher picture. It's a bag of gimmick wrapped up loosely in philosophy and everyone bought it.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
I feel like it could have been a lot better if someone like Charlie Kaufman or Spike Jonze were attached to it.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
I loved it. LOVED IT.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=123830:date=Dec 17 2010, 09:16 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 17 2010, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I loved it. LOVED IT.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree, but I think you're taking your new found love of punctuation a little too far. TOO FAR.
<!--quoteo(post=124158:date=Dec 21 2010, 02:17 PM:name=vitaminB)-->QUOTE (vitaminB @ Dec 21 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=123830:date=Dec 17 2010, 09:16 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 17 2010, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I loved it. LOVED IT.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree, but I think you're taking your new found love of punctuation a little too far. TOO FAR.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You think it's annoying now, wait til I go all caps.
Wang.
If nothing else, in an era of ABSOLUTE SHIT constantly pouring out of big studios, this was something original, different, and inventive (on a grand, big-studio-budget scale). So I have to give it credit for that.

And the icing - it was simply entertaining. Sometimes it's ok to just be entertained.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=124192:date=Dec 21 2010, 07:01 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 21 2010, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If nothing else, in an era of ABSOLUTE SHIT constantly pouring out of big studios, this was something original, different, and inventive (on a grand, big-studio-budget scale). So I have to give it credit for that.

And the icing - it was simply entertaining. Sometimes it's ok to just be entertained.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I completely agreed with you on the original inventive and different thing, until I found out that it Nolan stole many of the key ideas in the movie.

Oh, I meant to add that he stole them from a comic book.

Oh, I guess I should further add it wasn't from a gritty graphic novel. It was from a Scrooge McDuck comic.

Seriously

I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
I made a comment in another thread about this, but I didn't much care for Inception. I thought it bordered on suckage, and borrowed many concepts that people like Charlie Kaufman have already delved into more creatively. Nolan overdid the action and added too many lazy twists to cover up the story's holes. The Cracked article is no surprise to me, even if it is just a coincidence.