Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inception
<!--quoteo(post=105978:date=Jul 17 2010, 01:23 PM:name=vegascub)-->QUOTE (vegascub @ Jul 17 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I saw it last night, and I thought it was very good. It gets a bit complicated at times. The "what" of the story isn't too hard to understand. It's the "how" that makes you scratch your head a bit though. Great performances, and a really interesting story.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This.

Also, if you watch it, just sit back and enjoy. There's some plot holes here and there and things that just don't seem to make sense along with half assed explanations on some things. Things just don't really add up. Don't think about any of that, just enjoy the movie for what it is.

All around entertaining movie. Joseph Gordon-Levitt's fight scene was bad ass. I had a huge grin on my face the whole time watching that scene.
<!--quoteo(post=106012:date=Jul 17 2010, 04:59 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jul 17 2010, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=105978:date=Jul 17 2010, 01:23 PM:name=vegascub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vegascub @ Jul 17 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I saw it last night, and I thought it was very good. It gets a bit complicated at times. The "what" of the story isn't too hard to understand. It's the "how" that makes you scratch your head a bit though. Great performances, and a really interesting story.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This.

Also, if you watch it, just sit back and enjoy. There's some plot holes here and there and things that just don't seem to make sense along with half assed explanations on some things. Things just don't really add up. Don't think about any of that, just enjoy the movie for what it is.

All around entertaining movie. Joseph Gordon-Levitt's fight scene was bad ass. I had a huge grin on my face the whole time watching that scene.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Literally everything you just said.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
I thought it was great and I really didn't have a problem following it.
Wang.
I saw it last night and enjoyed it. I really want to see it again so that I can catch the little things that I probably missed the first time around.
cool flick with a lot of imagination behind it. i think/hope that at the end of the day that while it won't stack up as one of the best nolan movies, it will definitely be a good part of his catalog. not because it wasn't a good movie but because i'm hoping that we still haven't seen his best and that he'll make some great films in years to come. it was a really fun movie and marion cotillard does something special in my sex parts whenever i see her.
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
<!--quoteo(post=106475:date=Jul 20 2010, 12:43 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Jul 20 2010, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->cool flick with a lot of imagination behind it. i think/hope that at the end of the day that while it won't stack up as one of the best nolan movies, it will definitely be a good part of his catalog. not because it wasn't a good movie but because i'm hoping that we still haven't seen his best and that he'll make some great films in years to come. it was a really fun movie and marion cotillard does something special in my sex parts whenever i see her.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I've loved her ever since she won best actress for La Vie en Rose
SPOILERS:

I hate when I watch a movie and the dialogue is kind of like just reciting a plot summary to me. That was my biggest concern with this movie. It underestimated the intelligence of the viewer. I didn't need the kid from 3rd Rock From the Sun saying, "Paradox!" when he tricked the projection into obviously falling for a paradox. Also, the music was kind of obnoxious. It forced the suspense. The action took over the story which moved the movie from an interesting query into the human subconscious and dream states to, essentially, Die Hard.

Inception = (Minority Report) + (Matrix 3 - Matrix 1) + Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind + (Live Free or Die Hard - Die Hard) < Mullholland Drive

2.5 Stars
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=107544:date=Jul 23 2010, 01:33 PM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Jul 23 2010, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->SPOILERS:

I hate when I watch a movie and the dialogue is kind of like just reciting a plot summary to me. That was my biggest concern with this movie. It underestimated the intelligence of the viewer. I didn't need the kid from 3rd Rock From the Sun saying, "Paradox!" when he tricked the projection into obviously falling for a paradox. Also, the music was kind of obnoxious. It forced the suspense. The action took over the story which moved the movie from an interesting query into the human subconscious and dream states to, essentially, Die Hard.

Inception = (Minority Report) + (Matrix 3 - Matrix 1) + Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind + (Live Free or Die Hard - Die Hard) < Mullholland Drive

2.5 Stars<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Is that out of 4 or 5 stars?
Thank you for writing SPOILERS. I haven't seen this yet and I'm still looking forward to it quite a bit...
<!--quoteo(post=107544:date=Jul 23 2010, 01:33 PM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Jul 23 2010, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->SPOILERS:

I remember one line of dialogue between DiCaprio and Cain that was a very unnatural way of explaining why DiCaprio was able to get into people's dreams. DiCaprio could have almost done the Zach Morris freeze and did his explanation while talking to the audience.

And what's wrong with Die Hard?
<!--quoteo(post=107548:date=Jul 23 2010, 01:41 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 23 2010, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107544:date=Jul 23 2010, 01:33 PM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Jul 23 2010, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->SPOILERS:

out of 4 stars
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=107563:date=Jul 23 2010, 02:06 PM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Jul 23 2010, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107548:date=Jul 23 2010, 01:41 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jul 23 2010, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107544:date=Jul 23 2010, 01:33 PM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Jul 23 2010, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->SPOILERS:

out of 4 stars
Ok, that isn't so bad then. The fact that you included Mulholland Drive, one of my top 5 all-time favorites, in your comparison has me a little intrigued. I still plan to see Inception soon, though I'm not expecting to be blown away.

One of these days, we'll have to start a thread on the top mind-bending/bizarro films of all time.
<!--quoteo(post=107564:date=Jul 23 2010, 02:12 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 23 2010, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107563:date=Jul 23 2010, 02:06 PM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Jul 23 2010, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107548:date=Jul 23 2010, 01:41 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jul 23 2010, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107544:date=Jul 23 2010, 01:33 PM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Jul 23 2010, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->SPOILERS:

out of 4 stars
Ok, that isn't so bad then. The fact that you included Mulholland Drive, one of my top 5 all-time favorites, in your comparison has me a little intrigued. I still plan to see Inception soon, though I'm not expecting to be blown away.

One of these days, we'll have to start a thread on the top mind-bending/bizarro films of all time.

This wouldn't sniff that list.
<!--quoteo(post=107558:date=Jul 23 2010, 01:55 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jul 23 2010, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107544:date=Jul 23 2010, 01:33 PM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Jul 23 2010, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->SPOILERS:

I remember one line of dialogue between DiCaprio and Cain that was a very unnatural way of explaining why DiCaprio was able to get into people's dreams. DiCaprio could have almost done the Zach Morris freeze and did his explanation while talking to the audience.

And what's wrong with Die Hard?

Nothing. It's a clever action movie. Just like Inception.
<!--sizeo:5--><!--/sizeo-->BIG SPOILER:<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->

[highlight]

<!--coloro:#ffffff--><!--/coloro-->That ending was fucking stupid. It further trivialized the movie and read like a campy, Godzilla ending:

<!--colorc-->

<!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#ffffff--><!--/coloro-->THE END...

<!--colorc-->

<!--/colorc--> <!--sizeo:6--><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#ffffff--><!--/coloro-->?<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc--><!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->

<div align='left'>[/highlight]

It was completely unnecessary. It didn't add any layers to the movie like I'm sure it was supposed to because it was such a huge cliche' meant for the re-re's that couldn't follow the straightforward plot. Look, some of my favorite movies leave a lot of room for interpretation: Lost in Translation, Space Odyssey, Mullholland Drive, Moon, Vanilla Sky, etc. Where the dialogue sets up a vignette of the characters without being literal. Where the context of the movie drives the plot rather than straightforward prose. Granted, these types of movies are only in a realm that spans the past 35-40 years. I totally love the classic banter from the Golden Age. But it's rare these days that a movie can recreate that magic that was created between two stars just talking on a screen. This movie was entertaining, but tried too hard at something that it wasn't set up to succeed at. At that's saying a lot considering the cast.

</div>