Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Social Network
<!--quoteo(post=131459:date=Feb 23 2011, 04:26 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 23 2011, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=131451:date=Feb 23 2011, 03:42 PM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Feb 23 2011, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Inception should be the bottom of your list. Behind 127 Hours.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm well aware of your hatred of Inception. I still think it was very entertaining, even if it was striving for profundity (and missing)...
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You spelled terrible incorrectly.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=131427:date=Feb 23 2011, 02:28 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 23 2011, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=131316:date=Feb 22 2011, 10:30 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Feb 22 2011, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I truly hope this doesn't win Best Picture because there were at least a handful of more impressive works of art that came out last year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Here's how I would rank the Oscar nominees (of the ones I've seen, of course):

1. Winter's Bone
2. Toy Story 3
3. Black Swan
4. True Grit
5. Inception
6. The Fighter
7. The King's Speech
8. The Social Network
9. The Kids Are All Right

127 Hours (haven't seen it yet)

That's a pretty strong list, IMO.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think The Fighter is the worst of all those. Bale's, and maybe Adams', was the highlight of a mediocre movie.
Did The King's Speech really deserve the best picture honor? And I finally watched Inception today, and needless to say I wasn't impressed. Maybe I've watched enough mind-benders over the years, that it felt pretentious and heavy handed. Very annoying movie. Winter's Bone and Black Swan got jobbed IMO. Anyway, at least The Social Network didn't get it, despite what all the talking heads were predicting.
<!--quoteo(post=132004:date=Feb 27 2011, 11:08 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Feb 27 2011, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Winter's Bone and Black Swan got jobbed IMO.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I agree. I also thought 127 Hours and The Kids are Alright were both better than The King's Speech. I think Firth deserved the Acting award narrowly over Franco, but I couldn't believe they took both Best Picture and Director.
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
I also think the wrong lead was nominated from The Rabbit Hole and the guy from Blue Valentine should have been up there too. I love John Hawkes. I can't believe that was the same guy from Eastbound and Down. He's awesome.
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.