Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Social Network
This should be mildly creepy and might turn out to be really solid despite all the hype surrounding it. The concept of Facebook scares the shit out of me, even though I waste a lot of time on there.

<object width="576" height="324"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/m/up/ypp/movies/player.swf"></param><param name="flashVars" value="repeat=1&vid=20889623&"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed width="576" height="324" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/m/up/ypp/movies/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="repeat=1&vid=20889623&"></embed></object>
David Fincher could use a nice creep-out film. He's due. I never even watched the Benjamin Button shit.
<!--quoteo(post=105643:date=Jul 15 2010, 02:54 PM:name=vegascub)-->QUOTE (vegascub @ Jul 15 2010, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->David Fincher could use a nice creep-out film. He's due. I never even watched the Benjamin Button shit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It was vastly overrated. I thought it was average at best. Way overlong with little payoff. I honestly would never watch it again.
looks like it could be good. cool version of creep.
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
Kind of a Shattered Glass vibe.
David Fincher was becoming one of my favorite directors with "Se7en", "Fight Club", "The Game", "Zodiac", and "Panic Room." But then came "Benjamin Button"....which just sucked.

Now there's this new movie. I don't know what to make of it. A true story about the guys you created Facebook sounds boring as shit.
Wang.
I'm not sure how your guys' description meshes with what it is - just a story about the formation of Facebook. Could be good, but "creepy"? Other than the song in the trailer, I'm not getting that.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=105749:date=Jul 16 2010, 06:49 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 16 2010, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->David Fincher was becoming one of my favorite directors with "Se7en", "Fight Club", "The Game", "Zodiac", and "Panic Room." But then came "Benjamin Button"....which just sucked.

Now there's this new movie. I don't know what to make of it. A true story about the guys you created Facebook sounds boring as shit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The ongoing history of Facebook is interesting stuff but it's still playing out. I think it's premature, telling this story.

Along with Shattered Glass, I compare it to Rated X and Charlie Wilson's War. Ripped from something less than the headlines... These stories can be interesting, entertaining...but always aggravating due to being highly flawed, puffed up for Hollywood, history.
<!--quoteo(post=105752:date=Jul 16 2010, 07:01 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 16 2010, 07:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm not sure how your guys' description meshes with what it is - just a story about the formation of Facebook. Could be good, but "creepy"? Other than the song in the trailer, I'm not getting that.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Creepy because I know a thing or two about Zuckerberg, and he is one fucked up person (maybe more of a douche than a creep), and just the very idea of FB and invasion of privacy in general makes me feel uneasy. Plus, I'm making the assumption (not from anything in the trailer) given Fincher's past work that there will be a dark undertone to the story. If there isn't, then this will suck.
See, I didn't even know what this was about because I hadn't yet watched the trailer. I thought maybe it was about an online predator or something. Fincher doing a movie about the creators of Facebook? Does sound a bit odd.
Just watched the trailer and I think it looks good. Worth a Netflix, no doubt.
Saw the trailer before inception. Looks interesting. I didn't mind Benjamin Button...guess I'm in the minority.
I heard about this a while back, but moreso the book "The Accidental Billionaires" by Ben Mezrich. He was on Jim Rome talking about it a while back. Sounded actually pretty interesting back then, though he admitted to embellishing some of the stories.
I got nothin'.

Andy
It's getting rave reviews so far. I still want to see this very much, but it will be hard to justify going out of my way to see in it in a theater.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the-social...#contentReviews
<!--quoteo(post=115781:date=Sep 30 2010, 12:56 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Sep 30 2010, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It's getting rave reviews so far. I still want to see this very much, but it will be hard to justify going out of my way to see in it in a theater.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the-social...#contentReviews<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Watching it online seems like it might be appropriate.