Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Social Network
<!--quoteo(post=127032:date=Jan 18 2011, 01:25 PM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Jan 18 2011, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=127027:date=Jan 18 2011, 02:16 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Jan 18 2011, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=127021:date=Jan 18 2011, 12:52 PM:name=Kid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid @ Jan 18 2011, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=127020:date=Jan 18 2011, 01:50 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Jan 18 2011, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I watched it last night and I thought it was well acted, interesting, and kind of boring. I liked it, but I didn't love it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Literally, this post applies to me 100%, including watching it last night.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Are you saying you're well acted, interesting and boring or the movie is?
Could be both. Actually, can something be both interesting and boring? Isn't that oxymoronic?

I'm oxymoronic.

Maybe interesting but slow is a better way to put it.
Wang.
That was way better than I thought it would be. I really enjoyed it. Everything in David Fincher movies look green.
Agree Kid and Veryzer. I found it very interesting, but I liked it didn't love it.
Yeah I'm in the same boat. It was alright I guess. I don't get all the praise for it though. In fact most of the movies I've seen that are up for best picture haven't really done much for me.
This was the only movie I would have seen in the theater over the past 6 months, and I missed it there. Watched it last night, and it was everything I expected from Sorkin, Fincher, and Eisenberg. I don't get the "boring" comments, as I found the movie to be extremely intense the whole time, but then, I really do enjoy Sorkin's style.

I am fascinated about how attending Harvard is portrayed in the movie. There is a sense of expectation and entitlement that courses throughout the film. Of course, the world's youngest billionaire went to Harvard. Where else could he have gone? THAT, I feel, is the true "social network" being exposed here: the lifestyle of the brilliant and moneyed, who grow rich before growing up.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->I really do enjoy Sorkin's style.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The first thing of Sorkin's I even watched was Studio 60. And even though it was considered a colossal failure, I loved it. I had never watched The West Wing before, but I'm on season three now via Netflix. I can see why it was considered one of the great tv shows of all time. I'll probably give Sports Night a spin next.
Finally got around to watching this tonight, and wasn't overly impressed. I thought it had a lot of good things going for it, but it's pretty clear to me that Fincher has lost his edge. Am I the only one who found some of the lighting, editing and soundtrack annoying more times than not? That said, the performances were great, but no one really carried this film to the next level. When it was all over, I thought, "this is it?" Maybe my expectations were unrealistically high.

3.5/5 stars

I truly hope this doesn't win Best Picture because there were at least a handful of more impressive works of art that came out last year.
<!--quoteo(post=131316:date=Feb 22 2011, 10:30 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Feb 22 2011, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Finally got around to watching this tonight, and wasn't overly impressed. I thought it had a lot of good things going for it, but it's pretty clear to me that Fincher has lost his edge. Am I the only one who found some of the lighting, editing and soundtrack annoying more times than not? That said, the performances were great, but no one really carried this film to the next level. When it was all over, I thought, "this is it?" Maybe my expectations were unrealistically high.

3.5/5 stars

I truly hope this doesn't win Best Picture because there were at least a handful of more impressive works of art that came out last year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Agreed.

And Fincher was my second favorite director for a while, but Benjamin Button just sucked and this movie was just ok. I hope his next project is more in the vein of Fight Club or Se7en.
Wang.
Actually, I just Wikipedia'd him and he has a shitload of projects coming up. Most of them seem pretty interesting.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=131331:date=Feb 23 2011, 07:00 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Feb 23 2011, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Actually, I just Wikipedia'd him and he has a shitload of projects coming up. Most of them seem pretty interesting.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, I'm curious what he can do with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo remake. I'm not at all interested in his Capt. Nemo story though.
<!--quoteo(post=131316:date=Feb 22 2011, 10:30 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Feb 22 2011, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I truly hope this doesn't win Best Picture because there were at least a handful of more impressive works of art that came out last year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Here's how I would rank the Oscar nominees (of the ones I've seen, of course):

1. Winter's Bone
2. Toy Story 3
3. Black Swan
4. True Grit
5. Inception
6. The Fighter
7. The King's Speech
8. The Social Network
9. The Kids Are All Right

127 Hours (haven't seen it yet)

That's a pretty strong list, IMO.
Inception should be the bottom of your list. Behind 127 Hours.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=131451:date=Feb 23 2011, 03:42 PM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Feb 23 2011, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Inception should be the bottom of your list. Behind 127 Hours.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm well aware of your hatred of Inception. I still think it was very entertaining, even if it was striving for profundity (and missing)...
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xTgcp7l_l8g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Inception was great.
Wang.