Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NY Daily News: Piniella to retire at season's end
KB will love this...

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Ricketts: Kenney will be involved in search
July 20, 2010 5:12 PM | 1 Comment

By Paul Sullivan

Jim Hendry will be making the call on the next Cubs' manager, but apparently he won't be able to do it alone.

Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts said president Crane Kenney also will be involved in the managerial search.

"Crane will have a role in this," Ricketts said. "He's got a lot of experience here and he's in charge of all the business operations, and I think he will add a lot of value to the process."

Ricketts also was asked if the Lou Piniella era was a success without a championship in the last four years.

"Our goal is to win the World Series," he said. "Our goal is to put a team on the field that can win the World Series every year. I can't envision an era without that and still calling it a success, no.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Fuck. Seriously? Strike two for Ricketts.
I forget what your strike one was?
<!--quoteo(post=106614:date=Jul 20 2010, 05:52 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Jul 20 2010, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I forget what your strike one was?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Read the thread directly below this one.
Honestly, how can Kenney do worse than Jim? I'm almost glad that there will be another body at the table in this decision.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
There's a reason I stopped listening to Buster Olney a long time ago. Mentioning Torre and LaRussa as potential candidates only solidifies my reasoning.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Someone prior in this thread mentioned a new pitching coach, but can we all agree that Rothschild has done a great job with our staff these last 4 or 5 years. I seem to remember a bunch of you getting on me for saying that he was doing a good job, injuries are not a coaching problem (a coach can't <i>make</i> a player change the way he throws the ball), and that his overall job was a little overstated anyway. Butcher comes to mind as one of the key naysayers.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
wrong thread, bitch
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=106572:date=Jul 20 2010, 04:21 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jul 20 2010, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=106562:date=Jul 20 2010, 02:50 PM:name=CUB5)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CUB5 @ Jul 20 2010, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Good to see him gone. Now it's just a matter or Ryno or Girardi. I just hope one of them can deal with this mess!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It would be interesting to know who we are actually targeting. IMO, the GM is FAR more important than the manager, so I really have no major preference. Girardi would be nuts to leave NY, but a lot of us preferred him to Lou 3 years ago, so if he's available, he'd be a solid option.
I do hope they at least <i>consider</i> Brenly.

FWIW, although I wasn't doing cartwheels at his hiring, I think Lou has done a fine enough job here. He won 2 division titles. He was more forward-thinking than I'd anticipated. We've had much worse.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree about the GM. But we don't have a choice on it looking at the media reports. I didn't mind Lou, but he definitely seemed to lose control over the clubhouse. He also seemed bored the last couple of years in the dugout. I call any year we take the Central from the Cards a success!
#17 Mark Grace for the HOF

I don't care much for Rosenbloom, but he's spot on here...

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....-coming-in.html
<!--quoteo(post=107218:date=Jul 22 2010, 10:28 AM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ Jul 22 2010, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't care much for Rosenbloom, but he's spot on here...

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....-coming-in.html<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I felt like he was putting words in Piniella's mouth, but maybe that's just me.
Well, it's a very angry piece. I'll give it that.
<!--quoteo(post=107227:date=Jul 22 2010, 11:02 AM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jul 22 2010, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107218:date=Jul 22 2010, 10:28 AM:name=The Dude)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Dude @ Jul 22 2010, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't care much for Rosenbloom, but he's spot on here...

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....-coming-in.html<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I feel like putting a cock in your mouth. Not my cock -- just some random cock.

But maybe that's just me.
<!--quoteo(post=107238:date=Jul 22 2010, 12:02 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 22 2010, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107227:date=Jul 22 2010, 11:02 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Jul 22 2010, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107218:date=Jul 22 2010, 10:28 AM:name=The Dude)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Dude @ Jul 22 2010, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't care much for Rosenbloom, but he's spot on here...

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rollin.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=107238:date=Jul 22 2010, 12:02 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 22 2010, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107227:date=Jul 22 2010, 11:02 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Jul 22 2010, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107218:date=Jul 22 2010, 10:28 AM:name=The Dude)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Dude @ Jul 22 2010, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't care much for Rosenbloom, but he's spot on here...

?