Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking
I think I read somewhere that Carpenter's original vision of the Halloween series was going to be just individual scary stories but a sequel to the original only came about because of its surprising success. Originally, Halloween 2 was going to be unrelated to Halloween.

Yeah, I remember reading something similar. Shame it never became an anthology like VHS or Creepshow.
I don't remember any of the Halloween movies, it's been so long. I think the last time I saw them I was 13 or something. Maybe it's time I watch the first two again. 

I'm not a big horror movie guy but I do have to see Get Out and Us from what I've heard about them. 

I think the last horror movie I watched was the Ring in the apartment I was living in around '04 or something. It was like 2 in the morning and all the lights were off when the screen went black to the credits and I just kind of sat there stunned...that movie really got me. Maybe cause I was alone and it was late, was a weird time in my life?

About a minute goes by with me in the darkness having muted the television and the phone rings next to me and I fucking fell out of the chair was sitting in onto the floor. Think it was the biggest jolt of my life. I'm on the floor is kind of disbelief, wondering if I might be dreaming and I pick up the phone while kneeling and say "Hello" and hear a soft voice say "Seven days" and hang up.

I just sit there not knowing what the fuck. I look out my SF apartment window, open the door to look down the outside hallway. Eventually I get to sleep not understanding at all.

Then coming home the next day and picking up my mail this girl who lives next door comes up and asks how the movie was last night. She had seen what movie was was watching on the reflection of the glass. She's just laughing her ass off.

Quote:I don't remember any of the Halloween movies, it's been so long. I think the last time I saw them I was 13 or something. Maybe it's time I watch the first two again. 

I'm not a big horror movie guy but I do have to see Get Out and Us from what I've heard about them. 

I think the last horror movie I watched was the Ring in the apartment I was living in around '04 or something. It was like 2 in the morning and all the lights were off when the screen went black to the credits and I just kind of sat there stunned...that movie really got me. Maybe cause I was alone and it was late, was a weird time in my life?

About a minute goes by with me in the darkness having muted the television and the phone rings next to me and I fucking fell out of the chair was sitting in onto the floor. Think it was the biggest jolt of my life. I'm on the floor is kind of disbelief, wondering if I might be dreaming and I pick up the phone while kneeling and say "Hello" and hear a soft voice say "Seven days" and hang up.

I just sit there not knowing what the fuck. I look out my SF apartment window, open the door to look down the outside hallway. Eventually I get to sleep not understanding at all.

Then coming home the next day and picking up my mail this girl who lives next door comes up and asks how the movie was last night. She had seen what movie was was watching on the reflection of the glass. She's just laughing her ass off.

Jesus Christ. She's lucky she didn't give you a fucking heart attack.
I've seen a few good horror movies lately.

- Barbarian. Totally bonkers. Threw me for several loops. I don't want to include too much detail because the less you know going in the better. It was unique and surprising and does a great job of building suspense.

- Smile. I'm surprised how much I liked this. It wasn't all that original (it steals a lot from It Follows, Hereditary, and The Ring), but it's really effective and delivers some serious scares.

I recommend both highly. Looking forward to the new VHS 99 hitting Shudder soon...
Those are all at the top of my Halloween list, but I am SO behind in terms of movie watching these days. Here’s another list of horror movies I’m really looking forward to seeing as well:

Deadstream
Dawn Breaks Behind the Eyes
Werewolf By Night
Speak No Evil
Something in the Dirt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I saw Speak No Evil. Oof. Hard one to get through. But effective. I haven’t heard of the others you listed.
Barbarian seems like it’s the movie of the season - Solid suspenseful film

Saw it weeks ago and it’s now on HBO.
Barbarian was awesome. I need to sit and watch X and Pearl.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

Anyone watched Skinamarink? Hear it feels like a long nightmare.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

(12-07-2022, 03:47 PM)biggz Wrote: Anyone watched Skinamarink? Hear it feels like a long nightmare.

Haven't heard of it. Gonna look it up now...
Heard about Medusa from an international friend but no clue if it’s worth a watch.

Article also mentions: Landlocked, The Menu - better than expected but had low expectations despite cast - It Hatched, and Superior

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/06/movie...aming.html
Watched X and Pearl for the first time this last week. Good shit. I need to see more Ti West

He's quite overrated when it comes to writing his own screenplays in my opinion, but I do think he is a talented director. Wasn't a fan of House of the Devil, but did enjoy Innkeepers and his contribution to V/H/S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw M3GAN the other night. Nothing groundbreaking at all and pretty predictable. But it was mindless fun and pretty entertaining -- just what I needed at the time.