Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking
I'm intrigued by the new V/H/S movie. Sadly, I don't have a Shudder subscription so I'll have to figure out another way to watch it.

Did you see the Candyman remake? Curious about your take on it...

Not yet. I just don't get excited about remakes, so it could be a while.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Butcher" data-cid="359905" data-time="1632158188">
<div>
I watched Malignant this weekend and I completely understand why it's so divisive. I'm not sure how I feel about it. At times it was fun and funny...at other times...I'm not sure. The tone shifted wildly. But I think that was deliberate. But overall it didn't really hang together for me all that well. But I could see why a lot of people might enjoy it. It's weird and gory and not at all boring. Just...I feel like there was a good movie in there somewhere but they didn't completely nail it.
My wife made me turn it off after a half hour lol

</div>
</blockquote>
Just finished watching it, and honestly throughout most of it thought it had to be a joke (a la the first half of Cabin in the Woods) and that there was going to be some breaking of the 3rd wall at some point to provide the payoff/punchline. When it became clear that wasn't in the cards, I actually started to enjoy it more, but wow that was painfully stupid. I liked the Giallo elements of the killer and murder set pieces, but everything else was a fucking poorly acted hot mess. Wan is better than this.
I wouldnt call it a horror movie, but there were definitely some horrific elements to it (particularly body horror)but I saw Titane yesterday and loved it. Thats all Im gonna say for now.
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="funkster" data-cid="359954" data-time="1633368258">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Butcher" data-cid="359905" data-time="1632158188">
I watched Malignant this weekend and I completely understand why it's so divisive. I'm not sure how I feel about it. At times it was fun and funny...at other times...I'm not sure. The tone shifted wildly. But I think that was deliberate. But overall it didn't really hang together for me all that well. But I could see why a lot of people might enjoy it. It's weird and gory and not at all boring. Just...I feel like there was a good movie in there somewhere but they didn't completely nail it.
My wife made me turn it off after a half hour lol

</blockquote>
Just finished watching it, and honestly throughout most of it thought it had to be a joke (a la the first half of Cabin in the Woods) and that there was going to be some breaking of the 3rd wall at some point to provide the payoff/punchline. When it became clear that wasn't in the cards, I actually started to enjoy it more, but wow that was painfully stupid. I liked the Giallo elements of the killer and murder set pieces, but everything else was a fucking poorly acted hot mess. Wan is better than this.</blockquote>

Painfully stupid made me laugh out loud. And, yes, it really was.
Titane is definitely on my October watch list. I'm going to try to devote this week to really dig into my horror queue.
Wow, Halloween Kills was a terrible mess. If this wasn't a cynical money grab, then I don't know what is.

Hard pass for me.
I watched it and only half paid attention.

Did you guys go to the theater to watch it or did you stream it?

I streamed it.  Not worth the 4.99 subscription to peacock lol.

I took my godson and his brother to the theater to see it. Had they not asked me, I was not even planning to stream it. Was not a fan of the reboot/sequel at all.
It's crazy how many sequels there have been and I don't think a single one truly understood what made the original scary.

I love the second one almost as much as the first.

Halloween II is definitely the best pure sequel of the series, but I personally wouldn't put it in the same category as the original. That said, part III - Season of the Witch holds a special place in my heart even though it is basically a B movie with zero connection to the original story.