Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Quote:Don't get me wrong. Watching this kid abuse opposing pitchers was the most fun I've had watching Cubs baseball since Rizzo mania. That said, I still see some bad habits with Baez. It hasn't hurt his performance thus far, but he would really benefit from another full season down in the minors, maybe more, in order to mature. Anyway, seeing both Baez and Soler in the same lineup gives me major mahogany.
The idea of a lineup in 3 years that has Baez, Castro, Almora, Rizzo, Jackson, and Soler gets me a little tingly.
If two out of the big four prospects fulfill their potential I'd be happy. Baez, Soler, Almora, Vizcaino

I'm not that optimistic about Jackson.

I kind of share the same thoughts about Jackson.

However, lets see how this "new swing" of his is this year, and see if it helps any.
I just want to drink beer and play atari
Hayden Simpson is no more. Have fun selling insurance for the rest of your life.

And goodbye to Michael Brenly as well.
Sucks.

Quote:Hayden Simpson is no more. Have fun selling insurance for the rest of your life.

And goodbye to Michael Brenly as well.

Hayden seems more like a WaMart greeter than insurance salesman

It will be interesting to see if any team picks him up or if he's out of baseball entirely within a year. Actually not interesting just sad
The Farm teams open today. Anxious to see Soler, Baez and Almora (when we comes back from injury) spray the ball all over the field.

Plus it wouldn't hurt to see some pitching emerge either.

My buddy is the one who scored the Cougars tix that Ace was offering up for someone on BN yesterday..totally wish I wasn't working so I could go with him  mad

Damn and Pierce Johnson is starting ugh

We need to organize a SOITOKC this summer.
That could be fun.

April 4th

Iowa (L 3-10)

B. Jackson: 1-4, R, 2Ks

Bogusevic: 3-5, R, RBI

Tennessee (L 3-7)

Szczur: 3-4, R

Alcantara: 2-3, HR, R, 3 RBI, BB

Jae-Hoon & Villanueava: 0-4

Dayton (L 3-4)

DeVoss: 1-2, R, K, BB

Baez: 0-3, RBI, 2Ks

Soler: 2-4, K

Kane County (L 2-7)

Vogelbach: 2-4

Shoulders: 1-4, R, HR, 2 RBI

P. Johnson 2.1 IP, 6 H, 5 ER, 4 Ks, 1 BB  
Not a very good day.

Looks like the farm isn't immune to the Cubs bad start.

Baez is batting .133 through 7 games, and is 2 for his last 22 ABs.

However, Soler was killing it before his suspension.

Baez has some major contact issues. He has 11 k's in 29 plate appearances. He did get his first bb the other night. His numbers at Daytona are terrible both this and last year.