Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="funkster" data-cid="202587" data-time="1363319734">
Almora tweeted he broke a bone in his wrist.  Ha...so fucking typical.

Look at the bright side, he could have died. I'll take a broken wrist over death. Just saying.
</blockquote>
Why are you looking on the bright side of things? You're supposed to be a Cubs fan.
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Coldneck" data-cid="202590" data-time="1363352990">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="funkster" data-cid="202587" data-time="1363319734">

Look at the bright side, he could have died. I'll take a broken wrist over death. Just saying.

</blockquote>
Why are you looking on the bright side of things? You're supposed to be a Cubs fan.
</blockquote>
Yeah...there IS no bright side of things.
It's his hamate bone.  It happens all the time in baseball.  It's uncommon not to recover completely.

If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Coldneck" data-cid="202590" data-time="1363352990">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="funkster" data-cid="202587" data-time="1363319734">

</blockquote>
</blockquote>

I think you're on to something.
Javier Baez all over Japan's face. Twice. Once in walkoff fashion.

@TheBlogfines
Both bombs
Four bombs for Baez in five ABs.  Man he's exciting.

If he looks good early on in the season, you've gotta wonder if Baez might conveniently get a Rizzo-esque call-up shortly after when he would not get enough service credit for this season.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Time to make 'I'm Bi for Baez' shirts.

I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
That bat speed is no joke.  His bat flies.

Quote:If he looks good early on in the season, you've gotta wonder if Baez might conveniently get a Rizzo-esque call-up shortly after when he would not get enough service credit for this season.
Where would he play though?  I don't think the Cubs are going to call him up unless he has an everyday gig.  Just no reason to let him sit on the bench.  Now, if the kid can play 3rd then that is a different story.
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kid" data-cid="202612" data-time="1363471243">
If he looks good early on in the season, you've gotta wonder if Baez might conveniently get a Rizzo-esque call-up shortly after when he would not get enough service credit for this season.
Where would he play though?  I don't think the Cubs are going to call him up unless he has an everyday gig.  Just no reason to let him sit on the bench.  Now, if the kid can play 3rd then that is a different story.
</blockquote>
Wasn't Manny Machado a career SS last season when he was called up to play 3rd?
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kid" data-cid="202612" data-time="1363471243">
</blockquote>
Moving from short to third isn't that big a deal and that's his long term projection anyways. But I think Opening Day 2014 at the earliest, or most likely May 2014 is the time to expect JB. He would need to kill Daytona with a big April, get a promotion to Tennessee and have a stellar year at AA to get a call up, IMO.

I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Runnys" data-cid="202620" data-time="1363491007">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kid" data-cid="202612" data-time="1363471243">

</blockquote>
Moving from short to third isn't that big a deal and that's his long term projection anyways. But I think Opening Day 2014 at the earliest, or most likely May 2014 is the time to expect JB. He would need to kill Daytona with a big April, get a promotion to Tennessee and have a stellar year at AA to get a call up, IMO.
</blockquote>
I think that is what Kid is saying though.  If Baez goes down to Daytona and is destroying the pitching down there, then maybe they move him to Double A and he does the same then they may call him up around the middle of June so he doesn't lose and arbitration year.  

I'm not sure we need to rush him though.  This team isn't going anywhere this year.  Let the kid get a full year in the minors, if he destroys double A pitching then give him a chance next spring to win a spot.
Don't get me wrong. Watching this kid abuse opposing pitchers was the most fun I've had watching Cubs baseball since Rizzo mania. That said, I still see some bad habits with Baez. It hasn't hurt his performance thus far, but he would really benefit from another full season down in the minors, maybe more, in order to mature. Anyway, seeing both Baez and Soler in the same lineup gives me major mahogany.