Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGN No More?
Quote:You really think a new TV partner would be on board with letting WGN have a bunch of Sundays for old times' sake?
FOX probably wouldn't, but if it helps market the team nationally, which is admittedly hard to quantify, they might at least consider giving up a few games. I wasn't saying "every" Sunday game would go to WGN, but just enough to maintain a national TV presence.
Doesn't sound like the Rickett's session at CubsCon gave much info we didn't already know.  Kind of disappointing there actually.  It would have been nice to know anything new with regards to TV or revenue on whole.  Guess that does point out that the info we receive is info they want us to have. 

I got nothin'.

Andy
Quote:You really think a new TV partner would be on board with letting WGN have a bunch of Sundays for old times' sake?

That's like your wife letting you bang your ex-girlfriend just because you had a good time. No way in hell.
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jstraw" data-cid="214014" data-time="1390058663">
You really think a new TV partner would be on board with letting WGN have a bunch of Sundays for old times' sake?
That's like your wife letting you bang your ex-girlfriend just because you had a good time. No way in hell.</blockquote>
I'm not saying it will happen, just don't be surprised if it does. Currently the Hawks play only Sundays on WGN and the Bulls also televise only a handful of games there. That said, the current strategy on WGN may be to move away from sports deals altogether and focus on cheaper programming.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="SoulflyCub24" data-cid="214009" data-time="1390023599">
<div>
Ivy, I think you're justified.  This team sucks, yet we continue to be fans.  Its our given right to bitch about them incessantly.  It does not bother me one bit.  It shouldn't bother anybody.  Now, if Ivy decides to don other colors because of the current situations/ complaints, that's another story.  But I feel Ivy has every right to bitch and moan everyday he wants to.  Squeaky wheel gets the grease.  In Ivy's case, in his butthole for Clark to guide it home.  Zing.
I have no problem with bitching. The place would be boring if everyone had the same opinion. I get crucified (and will get crucified) when I inevitably defend the past, current and future Cubs managers as being smarter than a troglodyte with a spike in his head. Talk radio and the internet were built on the certainty that the current manager doesn't know what he is doing. I'm not a popular guy when I argue the opposite.

However, if Ivy is going to speak his mind, he (as anyone on a public message board) should be prepared to have someone challenge his statements. I'm consistently astounded, more so on Facebook when it comes to political posts than on here, when people get upset when they post a provocative comment then have someone post comments disagreeing with them. Why in the world are you posting them if you don't expect someone to comment on them?

And if you are in the minority, and most people disagree with you, tough shit. I don't agree with 95 percent of what Ivy posts, but I'd love to go out and get a beer with him as soon as the season rolls around. Tom and I have had some brutal disagreements over the last 10 years, but I love him like a brother, and if he ever needed anything, I'd do what I could for him. Point is, disagree all you want. That's why the board exists. However, calling Ricketts cheap while we are discussing the latest episode of the Walking Dead eventually wears thin.

</div>
</blockquote>

That made me cry a little.
Wang.
Quote:Doesn't sound like the Rickett's session at CubsCon gave much info we didn't already know.  Kind of disappointing there actually.  It would have been nice to know anything new with regards to TV or revenue on whole.  Guess that does point out that the info we receive is info they want us to have. 
I think Brett may be on to something when he said they may be in advanced discussions and therefore purposefully chose to be tight lipped about the issue.
Who is this Brett fella you keep speaking of?

Quote:Who is this Brett fella you keep speaking of?
Ace, Mr Bleacher Nation himself.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Andy" data-cid="214016" data-time="1390062829">
<div>
Doesn't sound like the Rickett's session at CubsCon gave much info we didn't already know.  Kind of disappointing there actually.  It would have been nice to know anything new with regards to TV or revenue on whole.  Guess that does point out that the info we receive is info they want us to have. 
I think Brett may be on to something when he said they may be in advanced discussions and therefore purposefully chose to be tight lipped about the issue.

</div>
</blockquote>
Either way, having gone to those panels in the past, the room is about 98% mouth breathers. They don't need to be sharing any info about possible tv deals at Cubs convention.

Sad, but true.

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Coldneck" data-cid="214105" data-time="1390324870">

</blockquote>
Evidently I should have used purple font. 
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rok" data-cid="214106" data-time="1390326479">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Coldneck" data-cid="214105" data-time="1390324870">

</blockquote>
Evidently I should have used purple font. </blockquote>
It's all about timing.
http://www.chicagonow.com/cubs-insider/2...nish-line/

Maybe one drama will be partially resolved soon, and in a good way.
And if there's any way that a new deal could fuck the White Sox...that would be *really* sweet.

Quote:http://www.chicagonow.com/cubs-insider/2...nish-line/

Maybe one drama will be partially resolved soon, and in a good way.
That would be fantastic.