Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video Games.
I've been wondering if there's a decent baseball game for the Switch. Sounds like Super Mega Baseball is the best option?

On that note, does anyone play Out of the Park Baseball? I keep getting emails for it and I've been intrigued for a while but I'm not sure I completely "get" what it is...

Butchie, yes SMB is the best on Switch. Pretty damn fun and 3 looks like it will be even better (releases at the end of April).

Don’t touch RBI with a ten foot pole. Maybe this year’s offering will be worth playing, but I’mnot holding my breath...which is a real shame since the originals were so great back on the NES.

Out of the Park is essentially a manager/GM sim. It’s definitely enjoyable if you have some time to kill and don't feel like playing something that requires using a controller or much physical effort in general...great for multitasking at work, etc. The PC/Mac version is certainly more advanced than the mobile port. I started playing the iOS version over 10 years ago and the latest yearly release is basically just a roster update, so go with the PC/Mac as it’s come a long way with new features and improvements every year.

I've heard the same about RBI Baseball. I might check out OOTP...I'll be working from home for at least the next two weeks so it might be a nice time to give that game a whirl... Smile

Let me know what you think of it if you do take the plunge.

Let’s do this...

[Image: image0.jpg]

Very cool.

Its pretty cool that the only voices heard during the intro are Len and J.D.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
What are your guys' initial impressions of the game?

It's good.  It always is.  It doesn't change a lot from one year to the next.  It gets polished and improved year-to-year so this is probably to be the peak of this generation of this game. 

Next year will presumably be the first to appear on the PS5, assuming Sony is able to make the scheduled holiday launch.  Also, next year will likely be when the game launches on other devices like Xbox (and maybe Switch?).  So, there may be more of a tear down next year.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Really dig it so far and like what they've done with the shadows depending on what time of day you play. I was having a hard time seeing the ball in the batter's box and occasionally fielding with the shadows creeping over the infield. It feels like they enhanced this over the last couple of versions of The Show. One other subtle change that I enjoy so far is that you can start anybody in your starting lineup, including the other starting pitchers not on the mound that day and the bullpen guys. So for players like Ohtani and Lorenzen, this was a nice little addition to ensure you can maximize those handful of two way players.

Fielding seems to be improved over last years version. I don't feel like the outfielders are running in quicksand anymore. 

One thing I don't like is the lack of updated commentary from year to year. Obviously that has nothing to do with gameplay functionality, just a pet peeve of mine.

For some reason David Ross's likeness did not make it into the game and when commentary is directed towards the Cubs dugout, the onfield reporter just says "The Cubs Manager"  For as good as they are about making minor adjustments I was kind of confused as to why he didnt' make it into the game. Maybe someone has insight on this?

I don't know this to be the case, but I think it has something to do with the process of licensing managers to use their likenesses.  It's not an issue for players because they license all or virtually all of the players by reaching a deal with the MLBPA.  It doesn't work like that for managers, and so they have to reach individual deals with each manager.  The effect of that is that I think rookie managers are usually not in the game.

I've been playing the hell out of The Show online and they've made the online mode so smooth.  It's great.  The only thing that drives me nuts is that I'm constantly playing the Yankees.  I think about 60% of online players choose the Yankees.

I’ve been playing a lot too, but mostly offline. Seems like more often than not when I play online, I run into a fielding glitch where my OF botches a routine play and I give up multiple runs that cost me the game. It induces a fair amount of rage, so I usually end up playing offline modes so I can use auto fielding (except in RTTS). Really been enjoying MTO. Currently in game 2 of the WS (Cubs vs Twins).

I played March to October.  The Cubs won 115 games and then lost in 4 games in the NLDS to the Mets.