Ezekiel Elliott - BT

Jared Goff - Rapp

Alvin Kamara - BT

Cam Newton - Fella

JuJu Smith-Schuster - Dave

Adam Thielen - Kid

Deshaun Watson - PcB

Can be kept using more favorable draft picks than normal in 2019:

Adam Thielen - Kid - Kept with #9 pick in 2018, can be kept with #10 pick in 2019

Deshaun Watson - PcB - Kept with #6 pick in 2018, can be kept with #6 pick in 2019

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
I believe Im keeping Alex Collins Kid
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
Fixed.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Getting a RB in this draft should be fun!

I feel like we should rethink being able to keep your first round pick.

EDIT: I'd like to add on to this. I don't really understand why you're able to keep your first round pick from the previous year. In every other scenario you have to use an earlier rounds pick if you want to keep that player. There is no earlier round than the first, so you don't have that pick, therefore shouldn't be able to keep that player.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
I feel like it's part of the fun in the pick though. Like whoever gets Saquon Barkley this year. It's supposed to be that you have control of him for a few years and that's fun.

You're also losing the first-round pick the next year, so it's not like it's an amazing, hugely advantageous thing. I've frequently passed on it because I don't like the value of that vs a keeper/worse player in a lower round, for example. This year, I had Le'Veon Bell, so I'd be dumb to not keep him... but it's entirely possible several of the other first-rounders end up being better. 

I'm fine with whatever going forward. But I feel like if that's going to be a new addition, everyone else should be informed or else it really hurts the purpose of getting a Saquon Barkley or Royce Freeman if anyone wanted to in the first round.

@TheBlogfines
That's an interesting thought. It never came up in 20 years in my other league with the same rules, as no one had an issue with it. If we are going to do it, we'd have to discuss it this year, and implement it after next year's draft. Or maybe even longer, as some people would object that they are building around first rounders that they thought they could keep for 3 years. 

I like it the way it is, but I admit, it would make the draft more interesting every year. 

I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
I do think it could be simplified just to grandfather previously drafted players, even though that's more difficult to administer.

If we wanted to go that route, I'm not sure I necessarily agree that we couldn't implement it starting next year.  I mean, with 1 exception, everyone has a 1st round pick.  You have to use it.  Do we really think people are not going to pick a player in the hope that player makes it to their draft slot in the 2nd round?

If we are going to make that decision, I think it needs to be made very soon because you don't want people making trades, etc. this year under the belief that 1st round keepers can still be kept.  But if we did it soon, I don't really see a reason that we couldn't apply it to 1st round picks this year.  And I'm saying that as the only one with 2.

I like it the way it is. However I definitely see the other side. The way this league is, I don't know how to create any sort of dialogue though. We don't have a centralized area to discuss it, and guys pretty much never respond to email. If people feel strongly about it, I am fine with seeing what the league thinks about it, I'm just not sure how. 

I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
So, given recent developments, starting next year, I think we need to not allowing trades until a few weeks into the season.

I don't think it's a positive development that Koz has just decided to completely tank this season before a game is even played.  For the record, yes, I sold everyone off on my team last year, but I didn't make a single trade until I was 0-3.  If I'd have been 3-0 or 2-1 instead, I wouldn't have done it, and I think it's safe to say the same is true of Koz.  He just isn't giving his team a chance to win first.  And that's fine - for this year - since there's no rule against it.

But I think we should not allow trades going forward until maybe after week 3 or 4.

I've seen that attitude happening in other leagues I'm in as well. My baseball league had 2 or 3 teams selling before April was over, including a guy in 4th place.

I saw his logic, he saw 3 or 4 teams he didn't think he could compete with and he wanted to get a jump on the competition.

Again, something the league should weigh in on, but no mechanism for it.
I think the idea that theres no mechanism for a discussion ignores the fact that this is a league based upon a message board. The discussion should be here and if people choose not to participate then thats their choice.
Another reason to maybe use a week 4 rule is that the league plays 13 games but you only have 9 opponents.  That means you play 4 opponents 2 times.  4 teams are going to get to play Koz twice when he's not even trying to win.

Quote:Another reason to maybe use a week 4 rule is that the league plays 13 games but you only have 9 opponents.  That means you play 4 opponents 2 times.  4 teams are going to get to play Koz twice when he's not even trying to win.

That's true, but not necessarily different than if he pulled the plug with 3 weeks left and only 3 teams got to face him when he wasn't trying to win. If those 3 were in playoff races, it would make a difference. There's really no legislating that stuff out. 
Considering how the carries were shred in the back half of last season, there's a slight possibility that Koz won the Mariota for Freeman trade this year.

One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Koz didn't get Mariota, Fella just waived him to make room for Freeman.