Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite isolation movies that you've watched
Yeah I enjoyed the Evil Dead reboot quite a bit.
If you haven't watched the documentary about the '71 Pittsburgh Pirates, you really need to do so. It almost restored my faith in humanity:

https://www.mlb.com/video/1971-pirates-forever-brothers

Alternate link:

https://vimeopro.com/littlemovingpicture.../187288074
Watched Dune last night on IMAX. Loved it, and hope Villeneuve doesnt have to wait forever to complete his trilogy. That is all.
Lynch’s 1984 Dune is one of the movies that I’ll put on knowing I’ll fall asleep about 20-45 minutes in so I was curious how the current version would work. Put it on a friend said I lasted a few 12 minutes b4 I was out cold - from the ability to put me to sleep perspective, it’s a much improved movie

I did finally finish watching Dune. It’s much better than Lynch’s version but it is a slow, methodical, paced film that’s violent. At 2:45, it’s long with a number of complex plots and sub plots.

It’s very well done with elements of Lawerence of Arabia, Apocalypse Now, and Jesus Christ Superstar all mashed in together.
Dune is my favourite Sci-Fi novel of all time and this version is easily my favourite movie of probably the last 10 years. Absolute epic that's finally done the novel justice. Great cast who all give strong perfomances, with Jason Mamoa's Duncan Idaho a stand out.

My wife who hates Sci-Fi had no idea what was happening and didn't like how it ended, but still enjoyed it all the same. Having read the novel twice, I knew where the plot was heading and was fine with the ending knowing that there will be a sequel in the works. 

Five out of five stars.

I was on the fence about this, but now I'll have to watch it. Sounds great!

Ive heard nothing but good things.  

Same here. I'm excited.
Part 2 is officially a go.
Good that it's done well for him given that BR wasn't so well received, though I really enjoyed it.
Very much liked it.  Excellent action flick and Villeneuve darkness galore.

Quote:Good that it's done well for him given that BR wasn't so well received, though I really enjoyed it.

I liked the new Blade Runner a lot. And Sicario is fucking awesome.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="funkster" data-cid="360226" data-time="1635293528">
<div>
Good that it's done well for him given that BR wasn't so well received, though I really enjoyed it.

I liked the new Blade Runner a lot. And Sicario is fucking awesome.

</div>
</blockquote>
Yes to both.  Gonna make my wife watch The Prisoner this weekend.
+1 on Blade Runner and Sicario. Also really liked Enemy and Incendies. Honestly Villeneuve is in my top 3 active directors right now.
Sicario was probably my favourite movie of the 20-teen's and also really enjoyed Blade Runner (just hated Jared Leto).