Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite isolation movies that you've watched
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jeffy" data-cid="359320" data-time="1627629629">
Just finished the Woodstock 99 doc on HBO. Fascinating, but I feel like I need to soak in a tub of peroxide for about a week.
My buddy keeps telling me to watch this and I keep forgetting.</blockquote>

Quote:I'm not sure if I really want to dive into that...but I've also heard it's good.

It was quite disturbing overall and definitely captivating. I knew some crazy shit happened, but didn't realize the level of chaos and insanity that took place, which really attests to the evolution of news coverage and social media, and also reminded me that people being shitty and doing awful things is not a new phenomenon.

They also did a nice job of demonstrating how 90's music devolved over time from the height of Nirvana changing everything to the horrible shit that was passing for music by 1999 (Kid Rock, Limp Bizkit, Korn, etc...and of course Creed, despite what Tommy says).
I was at a local bar's sidewalk patio about month ago, one side of the bar is like a tavern and the other side is a brotastic sports bar.  At around 2pm I heard a group of chachskis singing Eyes Wide Open at the top of their lungs, the chick at the table next to me just looked at her friend and was like, "Is that fuckin CREED?".  

I didn't hate Creed back in the day, but when the lead singer starting projecting a Jesus complex, that was it for me. And what the fuck was Limp Bizkit doing at Lollapalooza over the weekend? Are they cool again because the parents of these millennials passed it on? We're doomed.
I'll admit I bought Creed's first album as it was catchy as hell at the time (yet it almost instantly aged horribly), but I never understood the appeal of Limp Bizkit. After watching this documentary I'm very happy I missed out on them and that whole scene.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jeffy" data-cid="359493" data-time="1628007037">

I'll admit I bought Creed's first album as it was catchy as hell at the time (yet it almost instantly aged horribly), but I never understood the appeal of Limp Bizkit. After watching this documentary I'm very happy I missed out on them and that whole scene.
My experience on all three counts: Creed, Bizkit, and Woodstock '99). It may be worth adding that I had a colleague back in Bizkit's time who reveled in teasing students with Bizkit gear. " Why you like them? Is yours limp? Maybe you just got the wrong girlfriend, kid." (Mark was a Nam vet and said lots of things no one else could/would/should. The kids loved him as did we all.)

</blockquote>
The new Suicide Squad movie is a fun watch. A million times better than their first attempt.

Finally watched the Woodstock doc and loved it.  Never occurred to me, but there is no way 90 percent of LB fans didn't eventually become Trump voters. Angry white guy muzak.

And funny thing is they still don't know why they're angry. The party never ended.
Wife is out of town this weekend. Trying to decide which F13th films to watch. Might try to binge Parts 2-7.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

I was never really a fan of the Friday the 13th sequels, but if I had to choose a few just based on pure dumb fun I would go with parts 6 (Jason Lives) and 10 (Jason X). The rest are mostly repetitive trash.
Quote:I was never really a fan of the Friday the 13th sequels, but if I had to choose a few just based on pure dumb fun I would go with parts 6 (Jason Lives) and 10 (Jason X). The rest are mostly repetitive trash.

Six is a fave. I ended up going with part four. Weird but adorable Corey Feldman (who is nowadays just weird) and Crispin Glovers goofy ass.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

Forgot they were both in part 4. All I remember from "The Final Chapter" is Judie Aronson in a tiny bikini.
Anyone see the reboot? I assume it was trash?
Nope, and don't plan to. The only "recent" horror reboot that I liked was Evil Dead. Have no interest in any of the others, but if anyone recommends any that are worth my time I'd be happy to kill 90 minutes.
I liked it all right. It was a late 2000s horror, so it had some issues from that era, being too dark (visually) and shaken camera. I just saw it was from the same director as the TCM remake (the Jessica Biel one).