Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Team
It's probably time to acknowledge that the Cubs will field a team in 2021.

Jake Marisnick!

Is this our new Almora?

Yes, we basically signed an older version of Almora, and possibly for more money if the FO picks up by his 2022 option.

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/...2831128581
Odd, but I think he is a better defender than Almora, so I guess thats a win?
They should really think about their starting rotation if they're pretending to compete this year. Currently this feels like a really bad place. Good enough to be a little over .500. Not good enough to win playoff games (or the division). Not bad enough to actually start a rebuild in earnest. It's really hard to see what the plan is here...

Butch, perfectly said! Moving Darvish was weird, with him, we had a greater chance at a deeper run in playoffs IF we got bounce back seasons from Rizzo, Bryant, Baez etc
Bingo. Darvish has been a top 3 starter in the league going back to the 2019 ASB. Why trade him unless you're either getting a haul (doesn't seem like that happened) or blowing it up entirely (also doesn't appear to be happening). What was the fucking point of that?

YES. And what I wonder is if ownership released the funds they released earlier, would they have traded him? Because it may be the difference between a legit chance at a division title and not this year. So frustrating, particularly since he really seemed to have liked being a Cub and seemed comfortable.
Quote:YES. And what I wonder is if ownership released the funds they released earlier, would they have traded him? Because it may be the difference between a legit chance at a division title and not this year. So frustrating, particularly since he really seemed to have liked being a Cub and seemed comfortable.

Yeah, thats the most frustrating thing, he was finally back to his old form on the field and off of it. Shame because he loved being here and he was one of my fav Cubs even though it was a short 3 year stint.
Super frustrating. The Cubs basically helped him bounce back from his injury and leveled him up to his best pitching in his major league career and then traded him at the top of his game for scraps. He was also incredibly fun to watch pitch and an awesome social media presence. So stupid.

Hey, at least the Cubs will still be on WSCR for the remainder of our lifetimes. And it sounds like broadcasts will now stream for free on the radio.com app. That's different.

https://www.robertfeder.com/2021/02/12/s...agreement/
I wonder if MLB will allow that. If so, that's pretty cool.

Quote:They should really think about their starting rotation if they're pretending to compete this year. Currently this feels like a really bad place. Good enough to be a little over .500. Not good enough to win playoff games (or the division). Not bad enough to actually start a rebuild in earnest. It's really hard to see what the plan is here...
You got your wish, JAKE!  lol
That's cool, I guess.

https://twitter.com/JesseRogersESPN/stat...2290755584