Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Team
Yay?
Total nostalgia move. I mean, I can fantasize that Jake will find one last season of magic but it seems highly unlikely at this point. But that money on a one-year deal? Why not, I guess? It really makes me wonder if there was something up with Lester that we don't know about, however.

I just watched some clips of Jake pitching last year and his delivery is definitely different. His arm slot is noticeably lower. I don't know if that's by design to prevent injury or if the Phils were trying something new with him. His changeup actually looked pretty effective -- he was throwing it more often than I remember with the Cubs. He's definitely not the same pitcher, but he could be league-average or maybe a little better?

I dont think he has much left in the tank, but we'll see.  I think it's probably worth more upside than Lester was though, so I'm good with swapping them out.

Strop appears to be the big bullpen signing..

And Brandon Workman who was pretty darn good in 2019. If the Cubs could go back in time and not trade Yu, I'd be kinda into this team, at least for their division.
Strop feels like a feel good lotto ticket.  

Is Jed trying to reassemble the 2016 team?

I’m expecting Pedro to contribute to the 2021 Cubs to almost the same extent as he contributed to the 2020 Cubs

Workman is a very, interesting trash pile pick up. He might contribute as much as Pedro did in 2020 but maybe just maybe there’s more to salvage
Quote:Is Jed trying to reassemble the 2016 team?
Lol didnt want to say it..

I love Strop, but other than 2016 is there a reason people are so thrilled about this?

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Butcher" data-cid="356568" data-time="1613592271">

I love Strop, but other than 2016 is there a reason people are so thrilled about this?</blockquote>

Pedro was a stud in 2018
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="funkster" data-cid="356571" data-time="1613597118">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Butcher" data-cid="356568" data-time="1613592271">

I love Strop, but other than 2016 is there a reason people are so thrilled about this?</blockquote>

Pedro was a stud in 2018

</blockquote>
People aren't excited to have him back because of 2018.  My point is the 2016 nostalgia seems to be driving the happiness about it.
Maybe Jake will pose naked again.

That would certainly make me happy about it.

https://twitter.com/Braves/status/1363938137827860489