Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Sox
There are definitely some, but they make up just a tiny % of the group.
I have many, many friends and family who are Sox fans. I grew up in the south burbs. I respectfully disagree with the assessment that their default setting is Cub-hater first.

One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

This isn't going to convince anyone, but the majority of my family resides in the south burbs (Oak Lawn and vicinity) and are also Cubs fans. They have had a much different experience than you've described, and they're not alone. I grew up on the Northwest Side so I was insulated to an extent, but there were still plenty of Sox fans that resided there, mostly of the meathead variety. I ignored/tolerated them forever, but now it has become next to impossible. No one here is arguing that they are all terrible people, but when baseball enters the conversation it brings out the worst in them from my experience. You have a different experience? God bless you.
There is definitely a generational difference with the anti-Cubs fans and normal sox fans.  I find the older ones are less inclined to that behavior.  

There are exceptions to the rule.  But the rule is still, hate Cubs first.  
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
It appears they are wearing pajamas tomorrow.

http://twitter.com/whitesox/status/738769802215489540

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
I like the three flames.

This is appropriate.

Quote:When Munson tells museum visitors, and even longtime Sioux City residents, that the city fielded what would become the White Sox, almost everyone is in shock.

"People just have no idea that Sioux City had what would become a Major League Baseball team that actually exists today," Munson said.

Most Chicago residents would also wonder if they still exist.

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20160603...think-corn
Apparently the Sox have acquired Shields.
They have indeed. Don't see that helping them too much.

Signature.
Quote:Apparently the Sox have acquired Shields.
It was a big topic amongst us at the game today.  Fuck em.
Oddly enough they will still be a .500 team after tonight's drubbing by the Nats.
The hillbilly factor of anyone who puts on that uniform immediately goes through the roof. And I know this is probably just a bad photoshop job.

[Image: White-Sox-trade-e1465148553296.jpg]
[Image: pDSP1-24258712p275w.jpg]

I find the MLB player emojis pretty fun, generally. This one just makes me laugh. Somehow they've captured the methheadedness of Sale perfectly.

Shields is getting shellacked. 4-0 Nats in the 1st inning.
Shields got shelled!! 7-0 nats. Ha!
I just want to drink beer and play atari