Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Sox
Ive been saying this whole time that once they started playing someone worth a damn it would be a different story. 

It feels Iike they were winning a lot of one run games earlier in the season. That tends to even out.
Lots of come-from-behind wins early on. That was only possible while their bullpen wasn't terrible.
Also, if they aren't winning Sale's and Quintana's starts, they're in trouble. There's a huge dropoff in quality after them in the rotation.
Yeah, and early on Latos and Rodon were pretty good for them. Now, not so much. I can see why they would want Shields to shore up their rotation, but scoring runs has been a much bigger problem for them than their rotation and for a much longer time.
Do they have anything of value in their system to trade for Shields (or anyone, for that matter)?
Not really aside from Fulmer and Tim Anderson.
Isn't Shields not very good and on a pretty big contract?
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
I think his ERA is in the low 3s.  No idea on the peripherals.

He's still giving up HR's at an alarming rate.
Abreu has been pretty meh so far this year.

Can we end this thread and stop worrying about them?  They have a very real chance of being in 4th in their division by the end of the week.

I hate the White Sox obsession, and am glad to move it from the MLB thread (which may have stuff I care about) to this thread (which I don't really care about), but, um, you know nobody made you click on a thread called "White Sox," right?

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
You can C your way out of this thread.

Stay out of White Sox business.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher