Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Sox
The existence of this thread demonstrates that Cubs fans are as obsessed with the Sox as Sox fans are with the Cubs.

But then deep down, we already all knew this. It might be time to quit mocking that particular aspect of their fan base.

Quote:The existence of this thread demonstrates that some Cubs fans are as obsessed with the Sox as Sox fans are with the Cubs.

FTFY
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Quote:The existence of this thread demonstrates that Cubs fans are as obsessed with the Sox as Sox fans are with the Cubs.

But then deep down, we already all knew this. It might be time to quit mocking that particular aspect of their fan base.

I'm not obsessed, I just enjoy White Sox fans eating their words. They brag and talk shit constantly. Saying you don't care about this thread or if the White Sox lose tells me you don't interact with White Sox fans on a daily basis.

I would guess most of the comments in this thread are from people that do.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jstraw" data-cid="278949" data-time="1464657925">
The existence of this thread demonstrates that Cubs fans are as obsessed with the Sox as Sox fans are with the Cubs.

I'm not obsessed, I just enjoy White Sox fans eating their words. They brag and talk shit constantly. Saying you don't care about this thread or if the White Sox lose tells me you don't interact with White Sox fans on a daily basis.

I would guess most of the comments in this thread are from people that do.

</blockquote>
Exactly what I was going to say, I have a lot of White Sox fan friends.  I'm pretty good about keeping my shit talking to a minimum.  I do it here because there are Chicagoland dwellers that have to deal with the same and it allows me to have fun with it.  As Kid said earlier, you don't like it you don't have to be in here.

Schadenfreude! It's what's for dinner.  And it's fucking delicious.  I don't even have not say anything to sox fans to make them seethe with hatred.  All I have to do tomorrow is show up to work wearing a Cubs hat and a smile and they will lose their minds.  

I may have said this in the past, but I think this will give some perspective.  My wife is from New Jersey and never was much of a baseball fan.  She was never even concerned with yankees/mets, she is as far removed from the whole dumb in town rivalry thing as one can get.  Every time we'd go to my brother-in-law's house, the first thing out of their mouths was giving me shit about the Cubs.  After awhile, she started to comment to me, why are they being such dickholes.  I told her that's what sox fans are.  She still didn't really believe it, she thought it was just my BIL's family.  When we started making friends around the neighborhood and going to their houses, if I happen to be wearing a Cubs shirt or hat, the first thing I'd hear is more dumb shit.  That's when she saw the light and completely understood how much of an insufferable bunch of fuckwads sox fans tend to be.  She hates them and she doesn't give two fucks about baseball.  

You've got to live here to understand.

Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
I swear when the Sox aren't winning and all of the Sox fans put their jerseys and hats back in the closet, I don't give them a second thought (except during the 4 times we play them). When/if the Cubs win it all, I won't say a word to any Sox fans. It'll be the last thing on my mind. I swear to you the day after the Sox won in 2005, Sox fans were talking shit to me. Going out of their way to talk shit to me. Why?

I'm rooting for them to be safely out of contention. Once that happens, I can put them out of my mind. Is that too much to ask for?

If I were more mature, I could just not let it bug me and ignore it, but I'm not at all mature when it comes to any of this stuff. Clearly.
Quote:If I were more mature, I could just not let it bug me and ignore it, but I'm not at all mature when it comes to any of this stuff. Clearly.
lol

I wouldn't even concern myself about maturity levels Butch.  A dancing penis is a cornerstone of this board...

Fair enough. I don't have to deal with shit-talking Sox fans. So there you go.

And I didn't say I didn't like it. I just said that to deny the obsessive hatred goes both ways is denial. I DON'T have to deal with it...yet I hated the Sox in first place, taking attention away from the Cubs. Over the course of the Royals/Sox series had more nice things to say to Royals fans than I did when they won the WS.

What PCB, Brick and Butch said. All you need to do is watch Hawk Harrelson do one broadcast and you will understand the psyche of these mutants. Over the years I can count on one hand the number of non-asshole Sox fans I've met. They literally hate the Cubs first, and just sort of like their own team. Yes, it has become an obsession for me, but I'm not ready to let it go until they are irrelevant again.
Quote:I swear when the Sox aren't winning and all of the Sox fans put their jerseys and hats back in the closet, I don't give them a second thought (except during the 4 times we play them). When/if the Cubs win it all, I won't say a word to any Sox fans. It'll be the last thing on my mind. I swear to you the day after the Sox won in 2005, Sox fans were talking shit to me. Going out of their way to talk shit to me. Why?

I'm rooting for them to be safely out of contention. Once that happens, I can put them out of my mind. Is that too much to ask for?

If I were more mature, I could just not let it bug me and ignore it, but I'm not at all mature when it comes to any of this stuff. Clearly.

This. 

Honestly if you live in this city and interact with any Sox fans, there's no way you could have a "Take 'em or leave 'em attitude". 

I'm with Butch...It killed me to watch (well, not really watch) their fucking parade go by my office building in 05 but somewhere deep down, the good part of me wanted to be happy for some of my friends who are actually normal baseball fans who happened to love the team in Black.  However the rest of their fan base makes that an impossibility.

So a good White Sox team is irritating due to what we have to deal with normally (though this year it doesn't matter)

An irrelevant White Sox team is....who? 
I hate the White Sox obsession too, but until someone comes up with a cure for it, I'll continue to obsess. Sorry if that bothers anybody....but not really.

On Facebook, I act as if I couldn't give a moist merry fuck, but it's a ruse. I hate that fucking team and their oxycontin popping, cousin pumping, sperm swilling, ass mongers. You know they eat hot dogs out of the bunk, right? There's no place for that kind of thing.
Wang.
Quote:You know they eat hot dogs out of the bunk, right? There's no place for that kind of thing.

I suppose it's better than crackers in bed. Unless this is an oral sex reference that I'm too unhip to get.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

I certainly gave a huger shit before I moved away from Chicago. They were my second least-favorite team at the time, following the Cardinals. And while Sox fan friends gave me shit, I was just as obnoxious to them when the Cubs were the better team. Maybe the World Series victory has changed the tone a bit, but we all agree that there a hell of a lot of meathead Cubs fans out there, too. I gotta believe, pond for pound, the shittiness exists on both sides of town.

Cardinal fans, however . . .

One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Being a meathead is one thing, every fanbase has that. That's not what the average Sox fan is though. They go out of their way to identify themselves as Cubs haters first, and fans of their own team 2nd. This isn't paranoia or based on anecdotal evidence. Spend 1 minute speaking to any Sox fan and it smacks you in the face.
I have one White Sox fan for a FB friend. He's a college professor, an author, and a really good guy. He's definitely not a Cubs-hater first. I realize that he may be an outlier. I've decided that there are some good baseball fans that are White Sox fans...but it took a little work.