Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs @ Dbacks
(04-17-2024, 02:20 AM)MrSheps Wrote: I'm just telling myself that we should have lost last night, so it evened out. But one out away in the 9th... you hit 3 triples and a grand slam and score 10 runs and lose, has that happened before? I suppose it must have, but geez.

3 blown saves for Adbert now, right? That's concerning. He's looked good in spots, so maybe it's just statistical weirdness that they're coming at once, and he'll go on a run with none to even it out. But I'm worried.

Finally, I feel for you guys in the central time zone watching this one in real time. I recorded the game while at my kid's game tonight, and watched it with plenty of a fast forwarding, eventually getting to real time, but not until pretty late. West Coast games that go to extras (and that you lose) must be even worse when the clock strikes midnight. Apologies on behalf of the West coast.

Yeah I wasn't in bed until almost 1:00. I wouldn't mind so much if they won, but I was tired and a grumpy bitch on top of it.
Not to give the pen a free pass, but you can only work so many 4-5 games before the wheels start to come off. Hendricks has done them no favors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(04-17-2024, 11:27 AM)rok Wrote: Not to give the pen a free pass, but you can only work so many 4-5 games before the wheels start to come off. Hendricks has done them no favors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of our starters have done the pen any favors. We've only had two games this season where a starter pitched more than 5 innings. That's absolutely going to tax the bullpen. Taillon is coming back soon, but I'm sure he'll be on a pitch limit. Steele can't come back soon enough. Losing Merryweather was a blow. Suzuki is out for a month. Tough start. We're pretty lucky to be 10-7.

But still pissed that we lost last night. Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory...
Wesneski was the rock we needed.

Kinda hard to believe we won these last two series, but I'll gladly take it.
Why does it feel like we got rocked on this road trip? LOL
(04-17-2024, 06:29 PM)Butcher Wrote: Why does it feel like we got rocked on this road trip? LOL

Lost Suzuki and Merryweather for likely extended periods, lost in extras last night, and lost the first game of trip after being up by 8 runs 

Yup, Cubs went 5-4 during the trip but damn those losses hurt.  Yes, it’s freaking April and there are only another 5 months till playoffs but I’m an unbalanced Cubs fans so …. let’s celebrate the win and forget about the losses
Aye, I'll drink to that. It really does feel like we got our asses womped, so 5-4 feels incredible. Thankfully the offense has been picking up some of the slack, and we've also been the recipients of some lucky outcomes despite the injuries and pitching woes. I was having an even shittier day than usual, so this W came at just the right time.