Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLB News & Notes (other than Cubs or Sox)
Per multiple reports, Stearns leaves Milwaukee and was hired to be the new President of the Mets. Looks like the Brewers’ reign of terror and horseshoe up their collective ass will come to an end quite soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm no fan of the Brewers, obviously, but it's been impressive what they've been able to do considering their market size and budget restrictions. Is this all due to Stearns?
Sure seems like it. Counsel is a really good manager too, but he doesn’t have much say on drafts, scouting and player development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is good news.
This Shohei thing...seems like it could be a problem.
MLB needs people watching one of its biggest stars

Its a nuisance and press will periodically point it out but Dodgers will manage it so Ohtani doesmt lose games because of it - even if it turns out all the bets and more are due to his gambling
The Dodgers can manage it from the baseball side, but my understanding is that if Shohei transferred funds to an illegal bookie, even if he was covering for his friend’s debts, he broke the law. The Dodgers can’t just sweep this under the rug.
Agreed that Shohei may have unknowingly broken the law by paying off a gambling debt of an acquaintance but guessing that the great state of CA can provide X months of probation and X hours of community service for a first time offender who shows attrition for his offense.
Diamondbacks appear to be adding Montgomery on a $25 MM deal for one year with a vesting option for second year. Here you go…

“Left-hander Jordan Montgomery and the Arizona Diamondbacks are in agreement on a one-year, $25 million contract that includes a vesting player option for a second season, sources told ESPN on Tuesday night, bolstering the National League champions' rotation with the postseason standout from the team that beat them in the World Series.

The deal, which is pending a physical, ends Montgomery's free agency two days before Opening Day and could include a second-year player option at $20 million if Montgomery makes 10 starts. The option would be for $22.5 million if Montgomery reaches 18 starts and $25 million at 23 starts, sources said.”

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/3981...agree-deal