Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Movies
Ok, just for the record, Rocky IV, Red Dawn, and Legend are all kick ass movies that are still great today and anyone that says different is a goddamned liar!

I used to think Iron Eagle was the cats ass until I watched it recently.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=1005:date=Dec 3 2008, 09:00 AM:name=Biff)-->QUOTE (Biff @ Dec 3 2008, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->They had the five Planet of the Apes movies on last weekend. What the hell was that? And yet I watched all of them.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The first one is still awesome. They get progressively shittier and more ridiculous as they go on, though.
<!--quoteo(post=1010:date=Dec 3 2008, 09:29 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 3 2008, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1005:date=Dec 3 2008, 09:00 AM:name=Biff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Biff @ Dec 3 2008, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->They had the five Planet of the Apes movies on last weekend. What the hell was that? And yet I watched all of them.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The first one is still awesome. They get progressively shittier and more ridiculous as they go on, though.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah I liked the first one and I really liked the Tim Burton one, but that fifth one was out of this world horrible. It's up there with Police Academy 7 Mission to Moscow.
Ward, you were a little hard on the Beaver last night.
Yeah, the original Planet of the Apes is still great, just as the other Heston post-apocalyptic movies, Omega Man and Soylent Green, which are a bit dated but still fun movies.
<!--quoteo(post=978:date=Dec 2 2008, 11:22 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Dec 2 2008, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=976:date=Dec 2 2008, 11:00 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 2 2008, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Willow<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I fucking hate that movie. It's creepy.
Willow can tie his shoes without bending over. He can also palm a watermelon.
<!--quoteo(post=1049:date=Dec 3 2008, 12:27 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 3 2008, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=978:date=Dec 2 2008, 11:22 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Dec 2 2008, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=976:date=Dec 2 2008, 11:00 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 2 2008, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Willow<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm pretty sure you just proved my point.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
Add me to the Planet of the Apes club.
<!--quoteo(post=1101:date=Dec 3 2008, 05:40 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Dec 3 2008, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1049:date=Dec 3 2008, 12:27 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 3 2008, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=978:date=Dec 2 2008, 11:22 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Dec 2 2008, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=976:date=Dec 2 2008, 11:00 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 2 2008, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Willow<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm pretty sure you just proved my point.

Not only are there midgets in the movie, but there's also midget midgets. It's a glorious film.
<!--quoteo(post=1005:date=Dec 3 2008, 09:00 AM:name=Biff)-->QUOTE (Biff @ Dec 3 2008, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->They had the five Planet of the Apes movies on last weekend. What the hell was that? And yet I watched all of them.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i saw that and i've never seen any but the first and that was a long time ago so i dvr'd all of them. the first one was great and i'm halfway through the second (kids) i'm thinking maybe i just delete the rest? i've also never seen the burton re-make, should i?

and i used to love "they live" it's been a while though
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
<!--quoteo(post=1146:date=Dec 3 2008, 09:30 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Dec 3 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1005:date=Dec 3 2008, 09:00 AM:name=Biff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Biff @ Dec 3 2008, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->They had the five Planet of the Apes movies on last weekend. What the hell was that? And yet I watched all of them.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i saw that and i've never seen any but the first and that was a long time ago so i dvr'd all of them. the first one was great and i'm halfway through the second (kids) i'm thinking maybe i just delete the rest? i've also never seen the burton re-make, should i?

Watch the first one and the Burton one and forget about the rest.
<!--quoteo(post=1148:date=Dec 3 2008, 10:18 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 3 2008, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1146:date=Dec 3 2008, 09:30 PM:name=liner)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (liner @ Dec 3 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1005:date=Dec 3 2008, 09:00 AM:name=Biff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Biff @ Dec 3 2008, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->They had the five Planet of the Apes movies on last weekend. What the hell was that? And yet I watched all of them.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh and make sure you watch Willow.
<!--quoteo(post=1149:date=Dec 3 2008, 10:19 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 3 2008, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1148:date=Dec 3 2008, 10:18 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 3 2008, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1146:date=Dec 3 2008, 09:30 PM:name=liner)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (liner @ Dec 3 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1005:date=Dec 3 2008, 09:00 AM:name=Biff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Biff @ Dec 3 2008, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->They had the five Planet of the Apes movies on last weekend. What the hell was that? And yet I watched all of them.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh and make sure you watch Willow.
That movie has scarred me for life.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=1146:date=Dec 3 2008, 09:30 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Dec 3 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1005:date=Dec 3 2008, 09:00 AM:name=Biff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Biff @ Dec 3 2008, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->They had the five Planet of the Apes movies on last weekend. What the hell was that? And yet I watched all of them.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah...unless you want to watch them for the pure (unintentional) comedy factor, the sequels are just awful.
Well, this certainly is a strange coincidence.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->'They Live' to be reincarnated
John Carpenter's 1988 film gets remake

By Borys Kit

Dec 4, 2008, 01:00 AM ET

John Carpenter's cult 1988 film is getting the remake treatment from Universal and studio-based Strike Entertainment, which are in negotiations to acquire the film rights with rights holder Les Mougins.

Strike's Marc Abraham and Eric Newman will produce, while Shep Gordon of Les Mougins and Carpenter will serve as executive producers.

The original film, part sci-fi thriller and part social satire, told the story of a down-on-his-luck construction worker (Roddy Piper) who discovers glasses that let him see aliens walking among us and controlling humanity. The man races against the clock to find a way to stop them.

The movie is known for a fight scene that lasts 5 1/2 minutes and for the line, "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum."

No writer is on board.

Gordon, an entrepreneur and music impresario who worked with Alice Cooper and Blondie, holds the rights, having financed the film as part of a multipicture deal with Carpenter that also included "Prince of Darkness" and "Village of the Damned." Universal distributed the film as part of an output deal Gordon constructed.

Strike, whose credits include "Bring It On" and "Children of Men," had success in the remake arena with 2004's update of "Dawn of the Dead." <b>Strike is also working on a remake of Carpenter's "The Thing."</b><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd--> [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow.gif[/img]
So...that will be the second remake of The Thing.

I actually think a remake of They Live is a pretty good idea. It's a really good concept, but some shitty acting, bad music, and a first act that lasted entirely too long killed it. A lot of the writing was pretty cheesy, too.

Anyway, get a good writer on board and They Live could be pretty solid.