Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Christmas Music
What's everyone's favorite Christmas music? I'm thinking more along the non-traditional (aka Johnny Mathis) route, but whatever. Tis the season.

I'll start with my favorite Christmas disc over the last several years (although their Christmas EP is good too). I find it the perfect soundtrack for snowy holidays. There are even slight lyric changes to the non-xmas songs and the occasional inclusion of sleigh bells.

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2001-12-25.WFPK

Collection: : MyMorningJacket
Band/Artist: My Morning Jacket
Date: December 25, 2001
Venue: WFPK 91.9 FM

Source: SBD > FM Broadcast > WAV CDR
Lineage: CDR > EAC > SHN > WAV > FLAC
Taped by: Low Dog
Transferred by: Jamie Syrek
Keywords: MMJ Christmas Special

Description

1. Introduction
2. Santa Claus is Back in Town
3. X-mas Curtain (jazzed up)
4. O Holy Night (shoes interruption)
5. Interview - Jim "Son" James
6. Christmas Time Is Here Again (Bring Out the Joy!)
7. Old Sept Blues
8. I Will Sing You Songs
9. Interview - Jim
10. Silent Night
11. Come Closer
I generally dislike Christmas music, but I'm gonna check this out, thanks Sleepy. Had no idea this even existed.
I hate Christmas music.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
I like that CD from the Peanuts Christmas special. I can't remember the musician's name, but it's kind of jazzy.

And nothing can beat a good choir rendition of Psalm 98 -- especially when seen performed live. Gives me goosebumps every time.
My new favorite Christmas song is by The Little Stinkers. It goes, "I farted on Santa's lap and now Christmas is gonna stink for me."
Ward, you were a little hard on the Beaver last night.
I LOVE Christmas Music. Nat King Cole, Frank, The Carpenters, and some newer ones to. The Bob Rivers Group make some funny ones.
[Image: lou.jpg]
It may not be hip to admit, but I like a lot of Christmas tunes.
Butch, that jazzy Peanut's album was done by the the Vince Guaraldi Trio. His piano version of "Christmas Time is Here" is one of my favorite holiday songs, despite its melancholy vibe.

Or maybe because of it. Diana Krall does a great version of it, if you want to hear the words (which are pretty good, IMO).
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
There is a CD called the Crooner's Christmas or something to that effect. It has Frank, Dean and Nat King Cole on it, and it was awesome. I also like the Ultra Lounge Christmas Cocktails set.
I just stood in front of my bathroom mirror singing Meli Kalikimaka in a Bing Crosby voice and cracking myself up. Easily the best time I've had in months.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Butch, that jazzy Peanut's album was done by the the Vince Guaraldi Trio. His piano version of "Christmas Time is Here" is one of my favorite holiday songs, despite its melancholy vibe.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Best Christmas album ever.
the vince guaraldi stuff is great.

plus:
01. mr. hanky the christmas poo - mr. hanky
02. feliz navidad - jose feliciano
03. little drummer boy - david bowie & bing crosby
04. so this is christmas - john lennon
05. god rest ye merry gentlemen - barenaked ladies & sarah mclachlan
06. ava maria - stevie wonder
07. do they know it's christmas - band aid
08. last christmas - wham!
09. another lonely christmas - prince (should be number one)
10. oh! holy night - eric cartman
Wang.
My favorite Christmas song is "Entrails Ripped from a Virgin's Cunt" by Cannibal Corpse followed by "We Three Kings"
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lepbNNE0NNs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lepbNNE0NNs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

you guys not into the Pumpkins don't even bother but this is how they finished the tour at the Auditorium last week. A coffin to represent the end of all the old stuff and then they bust it open and the Pumpkins song "Christmastime" blasts and they threw out all kinds of presents. my buddy got a tee shirt autographed by all of them. I know i'm biased but i really like their christmas song.

as far as other, newer stuff goes, sufjan stevens, bright eyes, the flaming lips and cindy lauper do some of my favorite recent christmas stuff. the peanuts and south park stuff gets lots of plays at my house and we even play some muppets and alvin and the chipmunks for the kiddies.
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
<!--quoteo(post=5489:date=Dec 17 2008, 01:00 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 17 2008, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->03. little drummer boy - david bowie & bing crosby<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I watched the video for this on YouTube this morning. Kinda weird to see them together.

The South Park Christmas album is great!
Ward, you were a little hard on the Beaver last night.
Call me old school, but I grew up listening to Nat King Cole and Elvis Christmas albums mostly. I love Elvis' rendition of Blue Christmas and Nat King Cole singing any Christmas song brings back wonderful childhood memories. I love Sinatra and thoroughly enjoy his Christmas music... especially his rendition of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. The CD from the Peanuts is also great music.
[Image: HappyKitty.gif]