Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Christmas Music
It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas by Bing Crosby really gets me in the mood.
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
I really like the old traditional Christmas songs as well. Bing Crosby has to be the king of Christmas music.
because of my dad, elvis' version of blue christmas is my all time favorite
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
<!--quoteo(post=5627:date=Dec 17 2008, 09:29 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Dec 17 2008, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->because of my dad, elvis' version of blue christmas is my all time favorite<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree with that and I think I'm the only person on earth that likes the Wings "wonderful christmas time".
<!--quoteo(post=5627:date=Dec 17 2008, 08:29 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Dec 17 2008, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->because of my dad, elvis' version of blue christmas is my all time favorite<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's undoubtedly a classic on it's own. But I agree.
[Image: HappyKitty.gif]
Porky Pig has the best version of Blue Christmas.
How has no one mentioned Run DMC's Christmas in Hollis yet? I know it's corny, but still pretty damn good stuff.
<!--quoteo(post=5659:date=Dec 17 2008, 10:48 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 17 2008, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->How has no one mentioned Run DMC's Christmas in Hollis yet? I know it's corny, but still pretty damn good stuff.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
i was listening to this in the car with my 6 year old today, he says it's his favorite, and on one of the parts where they scratch the record he says," i like it when the music sounds like it's going backwards, you know, like it's walking away from you" i thought that was cute
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
That's awesome. Kids can come up with some profound observations every once in a while.
Big Gabby alert: One time at a party, I was talking to (flirting with, truth be told) Wendy Wilson of Wilson Phillips, and I asked her what, of all her dad's songs, was her favorite. I thought she'd say something from Pet Sounds, or Good Vibrations or something (or even "Wendy," an underrated Beach Boys song) but she said "Little Saint Nick."

I always thought that was a cool song too; one of my favorite Christmas songs.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=5666:date=Dec 17 2008, 11:11 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Dec 17 2008, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Big Gabby alert: One time at a party, I was talking to (flirting with, truth be told) Wendy Wilson of Wilson Phillips, and I asked her what, of all her dad's songs, was her favorite. I thought she'd say something from Pet Sounds, or Good Vibrations or something (or even "Wendy," an underrated Beach Boys song) but she said "Little Saint Nick."

I always thought that was a cool song too; one of my favorite Christmas songs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
So did you nail her?
<!--quoteo(post=5666:date=Dec 18 2008, 12:11 AM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Dec 18 2008, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Big Gabby alert: One time at a party, I was talking to (flirting with, truth be told) Wendy Wilson of Wilson Phillips, and I asked her what, of all her dad's songs, was her favorite. I thought she'd say something from Pet Sounds, or Good Vibrations or something (or even "Wendy," an underrated Beach Boys song) but she said "Little Saint Nick."

I always thought that was a cool song too; one of my favorite Christmas songs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I never knew that Wendy Wilson's father was Brian Wilson.
<!--quoteo(post=5668:date=Dec 17 2008, 11:39 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 17 2008, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=5666:date=Dec 17 2008, 11:11 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Dec 17 2008, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Big Gabby alert: One time at a party, I was talking to (flirting with, truth be told) Wendy Wilson of Wilson Phillips, and I asked her what, of all her dad's songs, was her favorite. I thought she'd say something from Pet Sounds, or Good Vibrations or something (or even "Wendy," an underrated Beach Boys song) but she said "Little Saint Nick."

So did you nail her?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No.

There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
Is that the big girl who had gastric bypass surgery?
<!--quoteo(post=5925:date=Dec 18 2008, 11:42 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Dec 18 2008, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Is that the big girl who had gastric bypass surgery?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No, that was her sister Carnie Wilson.