Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOI
I'm not sure doing a complete player draft like that is even possible.
<!--quoteo(post=12458:date=Jan 19 2009, 07:51 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Jan 19 2009, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->to make it even better and i know it would be really tough but couldn't we get a new league and then not activate the sims for a while? i'm sure it's been done but i think it would be cool if we drafted the teams player by player, so you actually built your own team. it might take like a month to do the draft but the game itself might seem more fresh if we were able to start a new league this way. obviously you'd have to keep the salary cap in mind when drafting but we're not exactly building a huge list of interested people here, maybe this would be interesting? i wouldn't commish a league but if people wanted to do this draft thing i'd totally run it and then hand it over to the actual commishes.

it may be an impossibly bad idea but i want to do something to have an active soi league again.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That isn't possible because you can NEVER have less than 25 people on your active roster.
lots and lots of commish controlled trades before the thing went active. i said it would be hard but i think doable. and the commishes or whoever would be doing the trades as the draft went
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
I guess if you do it that way it would be possible.
Add my name
well...maybe...I guess...I dont know...I could..maybe...I might...I'd like to...let me know...I probably would......
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
<!--quoteo(post=12918:date=Jan 21 2009, 08:01 PM:name=Captain)-->QUOTE (Captain @ Jan 21 2009, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->well...maybe...I guess...I dont know...I could..maybe...I might...I'd like to...let me know...I probably would......<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Is that a yes?
<!--quoteo(post=12925:date=Jan 21 2009, 07:07 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jan 21 2009, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=12918:date=Jan 21 2009, 08:01 PM:name=Captain)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Captain @ Jan 21 2009, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->well...maybe...I guess...I dont know...I could..maybe...I might...I'd like to...let me know...I probably would......<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Is that a yes?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

maybe....
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
yes...I'll be in.

any more or less interest in this?
[Image: lou.jpg]
I forgot about this.

Maybe it would be a lot better to start over. Have only 1 league. I
have been thinking about making SOI1 public.We are on the border of losing it.
Instead of 2 crappy public leagues,we would be better off with 1 private one.
For those that dont want to lose the team, we would leaveboth leagues open until whatthefuckever his name is purges the league.

Or........just let this fake shit end for good.
I'm up for whatever everyone else wants.

Voice your opinions please.

I hardly even look at either of my SOI teams anymore, and I'm still pretty into the other leagues I'm in. It's hard to care much when barely no one else does.
<!--quoteo(post=22322:date=Mar 6 2009, 10:03 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Mar 6 2009, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I hardly even look at either of my SOI teams anymore, and I'm still pretty into the other leagues I'm in. It's hard to care much when barely no one else does.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Whats your point?
Any suggestions to make things better?
Whats the best way to make people care again?
Do you want people to care again?

<!--quoteo(post=22324:date=Mar 6 2009, 10:09 PM:name=Captain)-->QUOTE (Captain @ Mar 6 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=22322:date=Mar 6 2009, 10:03 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Mar 6 2009, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I hardly even look at either of my SOI teams anymore, and I'm still pretty into the other leagues I'm in. It's hard to care much when barely no one else does.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Whats your point?

Not sure I could be much clearer. I don't have any suggestions, but it's clear that the vast majority of those left really aren't into it anymore.
<!--quoteo(post=22327:date=Mar 6 2009, 10:15 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Mar 6 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=22324:date=Mar 6 2009, 10:09 PM:name=Captain)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Captain @ Mar 6 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=22322:date=Mar 6 2009, 10:03 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Mar 6 2009, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I hardly even look at either of my SOI teams anymore, and I'm still pretty into the other leagues I'm in. It's hard to care much when barely no one else does.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Whats your point?

Not sure I could be much clearer. I don't have any suggestions, but it's clear that the vast majority of those left really aren't into it anymore.

So your stance is 'fuck it...let 'em all die'.
vote taken.