Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bullpen
Guzman has been fantastic. And his velocity is way up there. I have far more faith in him than anyone else out of the bullpen right now.
Guzman's biggest problem all these years has been health, and nothing else. When he's healthy, there are few pitchers that are better. I'm all for giving him Marmol's job right now. Marmol scares the shit out of me when he goes through these periods.
<!--quoteo(post=42906:date=Jun 8 2009, 11:05 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 8 2009, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Guzman's biggest problem all these years has been health, and nothing else. When he's healthy, there are few pitchers that are better. I'm all for giving him Marmol's job right now. Marmol scares the shit out of me when he goes through these periods.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm all for giving Guzman Gregg's job. After watching that game yesterday and seeing everyone in the pen, Gregg might have the worst stuff of anyone (including Patton).
What is it with Marmol and these control hiccups? Does he just lose his release point?
<!--quoteo(post=42913:date=Jun 8 2009, 11:21 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 8 2009, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What is it with Marmol and these control hiccups? Does he just lose his release point?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It seems that way. It's probably because his mechanics are terrible and thus harder to repeat.
There's good heat in the pen with Marmol, Guzman, and Ascanio. It'd be nice if we could get them all throwing it near the plate at once.
<!--quoteo(post=42914:date=Jun 8 2009, 12:25 PM:name=sleepyhead)-->QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Jun 8 2009, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=42913:date=Jun 8 2009, 11:21 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 8 2009, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What is it with Marmol and these control hiccups? Does he just lose his release point?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It seems that way. It's probably because his mechanics are terrible and thus harder to repeat.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, yes, and yes.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=43050:date=Jun 8 2009, 07:53 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jun 8 2009, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=42914:date=Jun 8 2009, 12:25 PM:name=sleepyhead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Jun 8 2009, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=42913:date=Jun 8 2009, 11:21 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 8 2009, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What is it with Marmol and these control hiccups? Does he just lose his release point?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, yes, and yes.
Which to me is related to the converted position player thing, which does make me worry a bit about Wells.
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

"Will I be looked on poorly if my religion involved punting little people?"
-Jody
<!--quoteo(post=43080:date=Jun 8 2009, 10:26 PM:name=savant)-->QUOTE (savant @ Jun 8 2009, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=43050:date=Jun 8 2009, 07:53 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jun 8 2009, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=42914:date=Jun 8 2009, 12:25 PM:name=sleepyhead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Jun 8 2009, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=42913:date=Jun 8 2009, 11:21 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 8 2009, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What is it with Marmol and these control hiccups? Does he just lose his release point?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, yes, and yes.
Which to me is related to the converted position player thing, which does make me worry a bit about Wells.

There are lots of converted position players that are pitchers. Wells and Marmol couldn't be more different, style wise. I'm more worried that guts and confidence will only work for so long before people realize you're throwing 88 and start beating the shit out of you.