Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE
This looks great. I watched the trailer about 3 times. This is also the first book I ever read, I cannot wait to see this.
Where the wild things are

FYI the link doesn't work.
wild things

Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
Dave Eggers co-wrote the screenplay. I'm excited...
I really want to see this. I'm not sure my kids are ready for it, though -- the reviews I've read make it seem like it's kind of dark and angst-y. I'll probably see it solo and then take the kids if it seems OK...

The visuals look incredible, from what I've seen.
taking the boy on sunday at the imax for his 7th birthday. also got him the soundtrack with songs by karen o
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
never heard of it before now. don't remember the book. a children's movie not suitable for kids? not very smart.
[Image: lou.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=66490:date=Oct 16 2009, 12:59 PM:name=Mikey)-->QUOTE (Mikey @ Oct 16 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->never heard of it before now. don't remember the book. a children's movie not suitable for kids? not very smart.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
My kids are pretty young. I think it's targeted towards 9-10 y/o and up. It's actually probably targeted to the parents who were read this book when they were growing up (like me).
<!--quoteo(post=66492:date=Oct 16 2009, 01:17 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Oct 16 2009, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=66490:date=Oct 16 2009, 12:59 PM:name=Mikey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mikey @ Oct 16 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->never heard of it before now. don't remember the book. a children's movie not suitable for kids? not very smart.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
My kids are pretty young. I think it's targeted towards 9-10 y/o and up. It's actually probably targeted to the parents who were read this book when they were growing up (like me).
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah this movie could be huge. I also read that it is drawing huge interest from college students as well.
i tried to read the book, but i couldn't finish it.
Wang.
Not enough pictures Tommy? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
my wife told me we have the book, and she has read it to our son. I guess I will have to read it.
[Image: lou.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=66506:date=Oct 16 2009, 04:31 PM:name=Mikey)-->QUOTE (Mikey @ Oct 16 2009, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->my wife told me we have the book, and she has read it to our son. I guess I will have to read it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

keep a thesaurus nearby.
Wang.
Saw it today and it was horrible. I was so pumped for this and it was a huge let down. The only thing I did like about it was there wasn't a lot of CGI, kept it semi-Henson.
A lot of the reviews are the same. People have either hated it with a passion while others absolutely loved it.