Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening Day: Cubs @ Astros
<!--quoteo(post=27161:date=Apr 6 2009, 11:10 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 6 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27137:date=Apr 6 2009, 09:43 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 6 2009, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I have the Opening Day Jitters and I have almost 9 hours to wait before the first pitch...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You going to the game?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No. In Houston?
<!--quoteo(post=27165:date=Apr 6 2009, 11:14 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 6 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27161:date=Apr 6 2009, 11:10 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 6 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27137:date=Apr 6 2009, 09:43 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 6 2009, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I have the Opening Day Jitters and I have almost 9 hours to wait before the first pitch...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You going to the game?
No. In Houston?
I. Am. A. Retard.
<!--quoteo(post=27166:date=Apr 6 2009, 11:15 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 6 2009, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27165:date=Apr 6 2009, 11:14 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 6 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27161:date=Apr 6 2009, 11:10 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 6 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27137:date=Apr 6 2009, 09:43 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 6 2009, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I have the Opening Day Jitters and I have almost 9 hours to wait before the first pitch...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You going to the game?
No. In Houston?
I. Am. A. Retard.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
i'm not worried abut shit. nothing, nada, nil. zip, zap, zilch. it's gonna be so fine in two thousand and nine. can't fucking wait.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=27213:date=Apr 6 2009, 12:51 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 6 2009, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i'm not worried abut shit. nothing, nada, nil. zip, zap, zilch. it's gonna be so fine in two thousand and nine. can't fucking wait.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I wish I could believe you.
<!--quoteo(post=27213:date=Apr 6 2009, 11:51 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 6 2009, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i'm not worried abut shit. nothing, nada, nil. zip, zap, zilch. it's gonna be so fine in two thousand and nine. can't fucking wait.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm with you. I'm not worried about anything. I'll save my worries for September and October (if needed), but until then, we have a long season ahead of us and there's no sense biting our fingernails before it even starts [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=27217:date=Apr 6 2009, 12:57 PM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Apr 6 2009, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27213:date=Apr 6 2009, 11:51 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 6 2009, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i'm not worried abut shit. nothing, nada, nil. zip, zap, zilch. it's gonna be so fine in two thousand and nine. can't fucking wait.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm with you. I'm not worried about anything. I'll save my worries for September and October (if needed), but until then, we have a long season ahead of us and there's no sense biting our fingernails before it even starts [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

bingo. thats when i shit bricks. opening day? whats to be scared of on opening day?
Wang.
Worrying is like paying interest on a loan that you haven't yet acquired.
Dr. Edward Hallowell , psychiatrist and author of Worry, argues that "anticipatory and dangerous" worrying--which he calls "toxic worry"--can be harmful for your mental and physical health. To combat worry, Hallowell suggests that people should not worry alone, because people are much more likely to come up with solutions when talking about their concerns with a friend. Hallowell encourages worriers to get "regular doses of positive human contact" such as "<!--coloro:#0000FF--><!--/coloro-->a hug or a warm pat on the back<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc-->".
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=27292:date=Apr 6 2009, 01:31 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 6 2009, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Dr. Edward Hallowell , psychiatrist and author of Worry, argues that "anticipatory and dangerous" worrying--which he calls "toxic worry"--can be harmful for your mental and physical health. To combat worry, Hallowell suggests that people should not worry alone, because people are much more likely to come up with solutions when talking about their concerns with a friend. Hallowell encourages worriers to get "regular doses of positive human contact" such as "<!--coloro:#0000FF--><!--/coloro-->a hug or a warm pat on the back<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc-->".<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] I love KB.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=27292:date=Apr 6 2009, 01:31 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 6 2009, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Dr. Edward Hallowell , psychiatrist and author of Worry, argues that "anticipatory and dangerous" worrying--which he calls "toxic worry"--can be harmful for your mental and physical health. To combat worry, Hallowell suggests that people should not worry alone, because people are much more likely to come up with solutions when talking about their concerns with a friend. Hallowell encourages worriers to get "regular doses of positive human contact" such as "<!--coloro:#0000FF--><!--/coloro-->a hug or a warm pat on the back<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc-->".<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Let's cyber-hug one out, bitches! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blowjob.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=27086:date=Apr 6 2009, 02:25 AM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 6 2009, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I do. We're a good squad.
Soon, Lou will realize the idiocy of his ways, and flip Fuk and Theriot in the order.
That alone is worth 5 extra wins, maybe 10.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I hope that was sarcasm KB...If not, please show me your math. I personally think Fuk is best if he is facing just fastballs. Hitting #2 is right for him. IF he is going to come around, that's the spot he has the best chance in. If he is going to fail, I'd rather see the Cubs figure it out quickly - and having the excuse of not seeing good stuff to hit would delay that.

Give Fuk all the chance in the world. Let him hit #2. If he craps his pants for the first 3 months, send him down. But I'd hate to see them have to keep moving him around to prove if he can or can not do it.

If he sucks, then we know what Reed Johnson can do. And Hendry can try and work his magic to get a real CF in the June/July timeframe. The Cubs don't NEED offense from Fuk to win this division.

EDIT: I LOVE THE BASEBALL SEASON!
<!--quoteo(post=27300:date=Apr 6 2009, 02:41 PM:name=cherp)-->QUOTE (cherp @ Apr 6 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27086:date=Apr 6 2009, 02:25 AM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 6 2009, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I do. We're a good squad.
Soon, Lou will realize the idiocy of his ways, and flip Fuk and Theriot in the order.
That alone is worth 5 extra wins, maybe 10.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I hope that was sarcasm KB...If not, please show me your math. I personally think Fuk is best if he is facing just fastballs. Hitting #2 is right for him. IF he is going to come around, that's the spot he has the best chance in. If he is going to fail, I'd rather see the Cubs figure it out quickly - and having the excuse of not seeing good stuff to hit would delay that.

Give Fuk all the chance in the world. Let him hit #2. If he craps his pants for the first 3 months, send him down. But I'd hate to see them have to keep moving him around to prove if he can or can not do it.

If he sucks, then we know what Reed Johnson can do. And Hendry can try and work his magic to get a real CF in the June/July timeframe. The Cubs don't NEED offense from Fuk to win this division.

EDIT: I LOVE THE BASEBALL SEASON!

well put.
Wang.
Shit, cherp's right. I'm letting my Fuk-hate color my perceptions. Obviously the 5-10 wins thing was a joke, but maybe it's smart to give Fuk a fighting chance.

There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=27352:date=Apr 6 2009, 03:36 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 6 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Shit, cherp's right. I'm letting my Fuk-hate color my perceptions. Obviously the 5-10 wins thing was a joke, but maybe it's smart to give Fuk a fighting chance.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I do believe you mean hate-Fuk.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy