Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Milton Bradley Meltdown Lottery
he dropped an easy flyball in the ninth inning. if he stays on his feet, he catches it. then he did an unnecessary cartwheel.
Wang.
Bradley is universally considered a plus defender on the corners, so I'm not worried about his defense. I'm worried about him breaking himself on plays like the picture Kid just posted.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=27968:date=Apr 7 2009, 06:11 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 7 2009, 06:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Bradley is universally considered a plus defender on the corners, so I'm not worried about his defense. I'm worried about him breaking himself on plays like the picture Kid just posted.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, that's why I'd prefer to take him out of the games in the 7th inning on if we can afford to do it. And like last night, like Fukudome or not, he's a damn good right fielder, better than Bradley. I'd like to see a lot of a Gathright in CF and Fuk in RF in the late innings. Now if it's a close game that Milton's bat can make a difference in still, by all means leave him in.
@TheBlogfines
Fuk will get plenty of playing time in RF, unfortunately.
<!--quoteo(post=28058:date=Apr 7 2009, 02:13 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 7 2009, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27968:date=Apr 7 2009, 06:11 AM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 7 2009, 06:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Bradley is universally considered a plus defender on the corners, so I'm not worried about his defense. I'm worried about him breaking himself on plays like the picture Kid just posted.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, that's why I'd prefer to take him out of the games in the 7th inning on if we can afford to do it. And like last night, like Fukudome or not, he's a damn good right fielder, better than Bradley. I'd like to see a lot of a Gathright in CF and Fuk in RF in the late innings. Now if it's a close game that Milton's bat can make a difference in still, by all means leave him in.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

fuk looked shitty last night too. why didn't he try to catch that pop up? you could tell zambrano was pissed.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=28084:date=Apr 7 2009, 02:43 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 7 2009, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=28058:date=Apr 7 2009, 02:13 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 7 2009, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27968:date=Apr 7 2009, 06:11 AM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 7 2009, 06:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Bradley is universally considered a plus defender on the corners, so I'm not worried about his defense. I'm worried about him breaking himself on plays like the picture Kid just posted.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

fuk looked shitty last night too. why didn't he try to catch that pop up? you could tell zambrano was pissed.
He tried to catch it, he was just playing too deep. Probably a product of not playing CF in a little while, I'm not concerned with his D.
<!--quoteo(post=28059:date=Apr 7 2009, 02:16 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 7 2009, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Fuk will get plenty of playing time in RF, unfortunately.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He should have been there last night when Gathright came in.
<!--quoteo(post=28119:date=Apr 7 2009, 02:29 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 7 2009, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=28084:date=Apr 7 2009, 02:43 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 7 2009, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=28058:date=Apr 7 2009, 02:13 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 7 2009, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27968:date=Apr 7 2009, 06:11 AM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 7 2009, 06:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Bradley is universally considered a plus defender on the corners, so I'm not worried about his defense. I'm worried about him breaking himself on plays like the picture Kid just posted.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He tried to catch it, he was just playing too deep. Probably a product of not playing CF in a little while, I'm not concerned with his D.
Yeah. He's great in RF, still figuring out CF.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=28121:date=Apr 7 2009, 03:29 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 7 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=28059:date=Apr 7 2009, 02:16 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 7 2009, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Fuk will get plenty of playing time in RF, unfortunately.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I can see why Lou left in Bradley. At numerous points in the 9th inning, we were one swing away from a tie ballgame. Had that happened, would you want to go into extra innings with Bradley's bat (and he was due up), or Fuk's?

'Nuff said.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=28131:date=Apr 7 2009, 02:43 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 7 2009, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=28121:date=Apr 7 2009, 03:29 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 7 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=28059:date=Apr 7 2009, 02:16 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 7 2009, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Fuk will get plenty of playing time in RF, unfortunately.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I can see why Lou left in Bradley. At numerous points in the 9th inning, we were one swing away from a tie ballgame. Had that happened, would you want to go into extra innings with Bradley's bat (and he was due up), or Fuk's?

'Nuff said.

Yup, that's my biggest problem with putting Gathright in CF and moving Fuk to RF late in the game.
<!--quoteo(post=28161:date=Apr 7 2009, 04:18 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Apr 7 2009, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=28131:date=Apr 7 2009, 02:43 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 7 2009, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=28121:date=Apr 7 2009, 03:29 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 7 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=28059:date=Apr 7 2009, 02:16 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 7 2009, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Fuk will get plenty of playing time in RF, unfortunately.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

'Nuff said.

Yup, that's my biggest problem with putting Gathright in CF and moving Fuk to RF late in the game.
A 3 run lead is plenty big enough to take that risk.
<!--quoteo(post=28131:date=Apr 7 2009, 04:43 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 7 2009, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=28121:date=Apr 7 2009, 03:29 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 7 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=28059:date=Apr 7 2009, 02:16 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 7 2009, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Fuk will get plenty of playing time in RF, unfortunately.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

'Nuff said.

The reason why they were within one swing was because Bradley didnt catch a ball that Fuk would have.
I may have to up my prediction. Milton has been pure ass and I'm sure he's getting frustrated...
yeah, he's been brutal in two games. last night he struck out swinging at ball four and hit into a crucial double play. the night before he's swinging at a 3-0 pitch and dropping a fairly easy flyball. not good.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=28544:date=Apr 8 2009, 07:03 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 8 2009, 07:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->yeah, he's been brutal in two games. last night he struck out swinging at ball four and hit into a crucial double play. the night before he's swinging at a 3-0 pitch and dropping a fairly easy flyball. not good.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
At least he wasn't doing it at home, bro. He's pressing too, that's easy to see.