Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs @ Brewers 4-10-09
<!--quoteo(post=29472:date=Apr 10 2009, 10:31 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 10 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Before the year's out, we're gonna have to swap out one of the OFers (Hoffpauir included) for an actual SS (whether it's to replace Theriot or supplement him).<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'd like a replacement. How many times would a backup be involved in such an important situation as today's where it would make much of a difference? We need a real everyday SS, and then maybe Theriot can be the backup.
The problem here starts and ends with our "closer". I haven't seen a single thing about him that I like yet. He is constantly behind hitters, he doesn't attack the strike zone, he doesn't have overpowering stuff, and other than a somewhat calm demeanor and only having played in 3 games as a Cub...I have a bad feeling about the guy.
<!--quoteo(post=29479:date=Apr 10 2009, 10:58 PM:name=HemisFear)-->QUOTE (HemisFear @ Apr 10 2009, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The problem here starts and ends with our "closer". I haven't seen a single thing about him that I like yet. He is constantly behind hitters, he doesn't attack the strike zone, he doesn't have overpowering stuff, and other than a somewhat calm demeanor and only having played in 3 games as a Cub...I have a bad feeling about the guy.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
So far he reminds me a little too much of Borowski.
I'm not sure people who were so adamant about Marmol not being the closer can then get upset over Gregg blowing games like this. Just sayin'...
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
To clarify, that isn't to say that I'm against Gregg being the closer and keeping Marmol where he is, I'm fairly indifferent, and I think eventually it doesn't make much of a difference in the end. For example, today it's doubtful Marmol blows it in the 9th, but it's also doubtful we even make it to the 9th with a lead unless Marmol comes on in the 7th. It's just a matter of how you prefer to lose games.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=29453:date=Apr 10 2009, 09:57 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 10 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And the worst thing about this game is that Braun is the hero for driving in the winning run, when he should have just been the goat who grounded into an inning ending DP like the bitch that he is.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Great quote. 8 hours of sleep still hasn't taken the edge off of this one.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher