Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs vs. Indians 6/19/09
<!--quoteo(post=45202:date=Jun 19 2009, 02:15 PM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Jun 19 2009, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->DeRosa says nowhere else he has played even comes close to his time with the Cubs. Wonder how Indians fans feel about that [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think DeRosa is either unhappy to have been traded or unhappy to be an Indian.
According to the NW Herlad the start time of the game has been rescheduled for 2:30 CT because of the rain and wet field but they are expected to play.
<!--quoteo(post=45200:date=Jun 19 2009, 01:14 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)-->QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Jun 19 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Watching the CSN preshow, I find it odd that DeRosa admits to following the Cubs while Wood says he hasn't followed them hardly at all.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think Wood is trying to move on, while DeRo on the other hand, still hasn't completely accepted the fact that he was traded. One guy left on his own, while the other had no choice. Makes sense to me.
The tarp is off already.
Looks like the major stuff has passed.

[Image: inxr1KCHIs_h.gif]
I got nothin'.

Andy
First pitch now scheduled for 2:45 CT, field is in really bad shape, needs a lot of work.
And here we go...
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
It's really kind of odd DeRosa is getting a standing ovation from the fans considering he only played here for two seasons.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
Listen to that ovation from the fans.. I figured that was going to happen
[Image: eaobup.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=45235:date=Jun 19 2009, 02:48 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Jun 19 2009, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It's really kind of odd DeRosa is getting a standing ovation from the fans considering he only played here for two seasons.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You know how big of a fan favorite he became.. he was also a pretty good player
He earned that.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Reed Johnson rocks.
If I was DeRosa I'd be thinkin.. Wow .. these people love me.. I should demand a trade... OH look at me dreamin again...[sigh]
<!--quoteo(post=45239:date=Jun 19 2009, 02:50 PM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Jun 19 2009, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Reed Johnson rocks.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He's a Beast
Maybe yesterday sparked this team.. LETS GET SOME RUNS