Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradley
<!--quoteo(post=57398:date=Aug 12 2009, 03:39 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Aug 12 2009, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=57381:date=Aug 12 2009, 01:55 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Aug 12 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=57377:date=Aug 12 2009, 01:49 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Aug 12 2009, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->That sounds like a bitter high school essay. How is this douche writing for a living?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I was thinking a similar thought. What a poor little piece of shit.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Bingo.

Not to mention that just 3 weeks ago, Sullivan said that the mere suggestion of Bradley at the top of the order was so ridiculous it wasn't worth addressing.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Bradley just isnt a run producer but that is how we are paying him.
<!--quoteo(post=57547:date=Aug 12 2009, 09:35 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Aug 12 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Bradley just isnt a run producer but that is how we are paying him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'd pay $10 mill for a .300/.400/.400 guy.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec--><!--sizeo:4--><!--/sizeo-->Bradley: I face hatred on a daily basis<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Paul Sullivan

Milton Bradley said after Tuesday's loss he's "never" comfortable playing at Wrigley Field.

"It's hard to be comfortable when you don't get a hit and get booed every time," he said. "When I go home and look in the mirror, I like what I see. My family is there I have people I can talk to who are very supportive, in spite of everything and all the adversity and the hatred you face on a daily basis. But I'll be alright. I always have."

Bradley went 4-for-4 with a home run in the 15-6 loss, but the Cubs are still nine games behind St. Louis.

"I have no doubt in the guys we've got in here," he said. "It's solid, good nucleus... If everyone can just keep all the distractions and everything that comes with playing here and being a Cub out, and just focus on what you can do and what you can control, we'll be fine."

Are the Cubs at all demoralized?

"I don't have a politically correct answer for that, so I won't answer it," he said.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo(post=60067:date=Aug 26 2009, 08:13 AM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Aug 26 2009, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec--><!--sizeo:4--><!--/sizeo-->Bradley: I face hatred on a daily basis<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Paul Sullivan

Milton Bradley said after Tuesday's loss he's "never" comfortable playing at Wrigley Field.

"It's hard to be comfortable when you don't get a hit and get booed every time," he said. "When I go home and look in the mirror, I like what I see. My family is there I have people I can talk to who are very supportive, in spite of everything and all the adversity and the hatred you face on a daily basis. But I'll be alright. I always have."

Bradley went 4-for-4 with a home run in the 15-6 loss, but the Cubs are still nine games behind St. Louis.

"I have no doubt in the guys we've got in here," he said. "It's solid, good nucleus... If everyone can just keep all the distractions and everything that comes with playing here and being a Cub out, and just focus on what you can do and what you can control, we'll be fine."

Are the Cubs at all demoralized?

"I don't have a politically correct answer for that, so I won't answer it," he said.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't see anything wrong with anything he's saying there. I think the booing has died down quite a bit, but I still hear it and it's really unnecessary given the fact that he gets on base more than anyone on the team.

I like Bradley, but I have a feeling he may be traded this offseason.
i hate bradley. he's a whiney pussy crybaby. he gets boed becuase he's sucked and for no other reason. when he looks in the mirror, he needs to see that he's the reason he's being booed, not the fans.

i hope to hell he gets traded this offseason. i want players who are mentally strong, not excuse making pussies.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=60070:date=Aug 26 2009, 08:31 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 26 2009, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i hate bradley. he's a whiney pussy crybaby. he gets boed becuase he's sucked and for no other reason. when he looks in the mirror, he needs to see that he's the reason he's being booed, not the fans.

i hope to hell he gets traded this offseason. i want players who are mentally strong, not excuse making pussies.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Look, we all know he is being booed simply because he is black. That's also why we boo Zambrano, Fuk (mostly last year), and Fontenot. Because they are black.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
I'm probably in the minority, but I don't understand the constant booing. What's the point? If a player doesn't give an effort, I could see it. But just because they don't get a hit every time up, doesn't warrant being booed. In my opinion, it just further sends a bad message about playing for the Cubs. Maybe I'm naive, but I just don't hear that type of booing your own players in other parks.
I got nothin'.

Andy
I haven't really noticed the constant booing at Bradley, but booing in general has become so common around Wrigley, it is getting embarrassing.

So much for being the most blessed person on earth. I'm willing to give this douche another chance, but if he keeps griping all through the offseason, he may need to find another home somewhere in the AL.
Wrigley Field is filled with a shit ton of morons, it's really that simple.
Wrigley has gotten hostile, that's for sure. It isn't Philly (yet), but it's getting there.

I feel bad for Bradley, but I don't think he has the stones to play in Chicago. Fans are frustrated -- everyone is tired of losing. It sucks being the most ridiculed fanbase on the planet. Win the World Series, and it all goes away. I'm not excusing the behavior, but I'm surprised it took this long for fans to get hostile.
<!--quoteo(post=60076:date=Aug 26 2009, 10:25 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Aug 26 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Wrigley Field is filled with a shit ton of morons, it's really that simple.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Bingo
I think the speed at which the attitude changed is the biggest factor. Basically everything changed in 2003. Since that point, the expectation level has increased significantly and the fans have become increasingly frustrated with the team.
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=60071:date=Aug 26 2009, 08:40 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Aug 26 2009, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=60070:date=Aug 26 2009, 08:31 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 26 2009, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i hate bradley. he's a whiney pussy crybaby. he gets boed becuase he's sucked and for no other reason. when he looks in the mirror, he needs to see that he's the reason he's being booed, not the fans.

i hope to hell he gets traded this offseason. i want players who are mentally strong, not excuse making pussies.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Look, we all know he is being booed simply because he is black. That's also why we boo Zambrano, Fuk (mostly last year), and Fontenot. Because they are black.
Todd Hundley got the worst of it. All due to his blackness.
I think we should take Nick Friedel's advice and start Fuld over Bradley http://espn.go.com/chicago/columns/blog?po...p;name=friedell

Fuld won't complain.